2014 Civic EX-L Noz/TPS

JustinB

Central Coast, CA
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Sedan
Hello All!
So in all my research on power bla bla bla I decided to install a Nitrous Express system in my civic.

Main Issue: Where the hell is the Throttle Position Sensor -> ECU/PCM lead?!
I tested the 3 wire connector on top of the TB, and the values don't seem to coinside with what i should be seeing. The other option is the large harness on the back side of the TB, which I was staying away from until I knew for sure it was in there.

I have looked all over the web, got the membership to Service Express through Honda, and still.. even with the ECU pinouts, the only bit of info is an A and B for the TPS, and the voltage rating is different for both.

Does the 2014 use 2 leads to get the ECU the value of the Butterfly valve? Or? I am completely stumped... If I am just missing something glaringly obvious, I can understand that.

Umm... I would not try and run nitrous without some sort of tuning system. Hondata is not available for the non-Si yet. I don't know much about nitrous systems but it just seems like a dangerous idea.

The rest of it.... I really don't know. @420Coupe has a heavily modified R18. He may be able to help.

Yeah I looked into the Jackson Racing option, but it isn't available for my model.. and I also looked at a turbo option, again not for my vehicle... Its frustrating because I got a civic thinking the engine was identical to my 06.. Boy was I wrong... lol.

With this setup I got the Proton Plus system, specifically so I could run a very low 35hp shot. I thought about the SI when I was buying, but the interior of that... Wow... Im not 21 anymore, so I couldn't handle it.

It is the same engine. You just lack Hondata tuning support. The 8th gen turbo kits and jackson SC will bolt right up. There just is not an engine management system available yet to be able to run either system.

different engine its a R18Z where as previous model is R18A, regardless that has to do with transmission. N02 is available and doable but definitely need a way to tune the car.

Back