2014 civic lx, stock height with 18mm spacers (pictures included)

Discussion in 'Wheels and Tire Upgrades Sponsored By Tire Rack' started by snahfu, Aug 3, 2017.

1. snahfu

snahfu Well-Known Member

I will never be able to lower my car due to where I live so I thought I'd get some spacers. In these photos, 18mm looks really good in the photos below (imo) but in real life, the 18mm spacers makes the rear wheels stick out in a bad way. This is due to the rear bumper tapering inwards giving it a monster truck effect.

I think i'm going to invest in some high quality H&R spacers instead so I'll most likely get 15mm in the front. For the back, I can't decide between 15mm or 10mm. I'm worried the 15mm for the rear will still stick out too far. I'm worried about the 10mm as I dont know what it will look like.

Any thoughts?

Stock height, no spacers
    [​IMG]

Stock height + 18mm spacers front and rear
    [​IMG]

18mm spacers close up
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
    bauer311 likes this.
  2. bauer311
    • Supporting Member

bauer311 Supporting Member

Vehicle Model:
    civic ex
    Body Style:
    coupe
    The 18mm look good, but that's just me

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

3. webby
    • Staff
    • 2017 Toys For Tots

webby Administrator

Some have done 20m in the rear, so I don't think 18 is really sticking out. People like matching the top of the fender width to the tire. The bottom isn't going to match up (almost ever) due to the taper, but that is normal. If the taper bothers you, you'd probably have to go basically back to stock in the rear.

4. Nix
    • Staff
    • Supporting Member

Nix Jötunn Moderator

Body Style:
    It's A Fast Pig!
    I think it looks fine man. That little bit of rubber sticking out past the bumper, I think that makes it look aggressive like you have wider tires than stock.