2014 civic si Engine Light : Check Emissions System.

I just didn't know if honda pulled both of the sensors to visually inspect them, or they just said... let's start by replacing the primary?

I mean you can test an o2 sensor with just a multimeter to see if it's voltage is changing properly. They wouldn't have to "guess" to see if the sensor is bad. There are even youtube vids where people do a rude test with a propane torch....

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKsS6AELPuM

Well I’m not sure what they are going to do now. I don’t know what it could be now either. Fuel pump
Injector?
Pcm Module
Intake magnafold gasket?

I think they are just blowing smoke up your butt to be honest. They should have tested for each to ensure it was bad and I feel they are just going through the check list of possible causes.

Have you returned your car to stock and done a reset?

I think they are just blowing smoke up your butt to be honest. They should have tested for each to ensure it was bad and I feel they are just going through the check list of possible causes.

Have you returned your car to stock and done a reset?

They told me they think going to stock and see what will happen, I got a resonator delete the same time I was at my mechanic and they are saying now that might have caused a problem....... but this was before. I told them we can put the old intake back on but I don’t think that’s it....

When I put my 3.5" intake on my CEL came on and ran horrible until I got it turned. And was it soon after you did the resonator the CEL came on.

When I put my 3.5" intake on my CEL came on and ran horrible until I got it turned. And was it soon after you did the resonator the CEL came on.

No man the code was on before.
I picked up the car from my mechanic after the maf replacement and I said duck it do a res delete BECAUSE I thought it would have fixed it.

Put gas in that day light came on
Took it to Honda
Honda did pcm ecu reset
Checked st fuel and found still adding fuel
No code banked
Picked up from Honda and put gas and light came back on
Replaced primary o2 sensor at Honda
Picked it up put gas in car no cel. Was driving ok.

Turned it off for 20 minutes started it and light was on

I feel they should do an actual diagnostic and try to locate the issue. You said earlier Honda said your car is running lean? How long did you have the aftermarket intake on before the light came on?

They told me they think going to stock and see what will happen, I got a resonator delete the same time I was at my mechanic and they are saying now that might have caused a problem....... but this was before. I told them we can put the old intake back on but I don’t think that’s it....
Countless people have done a resonator delete without any issue.

Sad news. Light is back on. After the o2 sensor. back at Honda. 1000$ into debt now
I think Honda shouldn't charge you if they don't fix the problem. A thousand dollars well maybe you should take out more insurance and leave car in a flood zone like they do here in Maine. I kept wonder why so many cars are parked in a flood zone, well I did figure it out-to get rid of their clunker the car dealer stuck them with. I still think the injectors have dirt in them, take them out and blow them off with compressed air, perhaps the fuel filter is full of dirt. you may need a new fuel pump. use a fuel flow tester.:paper: Elmo may been in area, he sneaks around and puts dirt in your gas tank.

His air fuel ratio is showing he is very lean....not that he isn’t getting enough fuel. Please read his past posts.
this is funny going lean is not a fuel problem:giggle:

I had the exact same problem-dirty fuel injectors. Very likely you have Mult problems.:chopwood:

Damn George Tsimiklis, sorry to hear about all the troubles. Hopefully you can get this sorted out soon. I do agree that Honda should refund the diagnostic charges or whatever it was they charged you. It didn't solve your problem. As a technician myself, i would recommend that the customer not be charged for a problem we couldn't solve, but i only have so much sway at Nissan changing oil and such...

Damn George Tsimiklis, sorry to hear about all the troubles. Hopefully you can get this sorted out soon. I do agree that Honda should refund the diagnostic charges or whatever it was they charged you. It didn't solve your problem. As a technician myself, i would recommend that the customer not be charged for a problem we couldn't solve, but i only have so much sway at Nissan changing oil and such...

Thanks man... it’s been a interesting ride with this car .
Honda said they will return the charge for the price of the o2 sensor. But the dig and labour can’t be returned because “he did his work and still needs to be paid”

I don’t know if I should say screw it. get em to check fuel injectors... or if I should get them to check the fuel pump

check FI, fuel pump and fuel filter all three have to work. I think they are doing a very poor job. You might want to go some where else. Me I would check FI first because that's where junk would end up. You could clear up the FI then it runs good for a while and does it again then fuel pump and filter.

Back