2014 honda civic si

James Avalle

Bradenton, Florida
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
Hi everyone my name is Jim. I have a 2014 Honda Civic Boat anchor. The car took a swim in fresh water but was submerged to the top of the dash. Of course by the time I got my car back from the towing company three days had passed. When I got in the car the only things working were the lights. I had nothing else. I have no communication with the ecm, no dash lights, the keyless entry doesn't work. I took it to the Honda Dealer and they said the cost would be the sky is the limit.

The car is paid for, my insurance on the car was canceled 3 days before the accident so the loss is totally mine. I have purchases modules and fuse boxes from ebay and had some success. but I still cannot get the car to start or turn over unless I hot wire the starter. I am thinking that the main problem lies with the immobilizer, when I by passed the ecm and hot wired the inside fuse box I got the dash lights to come on and the computers to do their checks for all the idiot lights. all checks failed, the anti theft light was on leaving me to believe the immobilizer had tripped and thought the car was being stolen.

Can anyone find it in their heart to offer advice. I must fix it I can't take the loss on it.

Jim Avalle

I know a guy who purchased probably 8 civics and accords that were totally flooded like yours. He pulled the entire interior to get rid of the carpets/seats/etc to kill the mold. The interior pieces alone were a ton of money. Anything that absorbed water is going to grow mold, and that can be a serious health issue. He had to purchase the oem wire harness to completely rewire each car. I want to say he paid roughly 2 grand for the harnesses if I recall correctly. I just looked up a couple harnesses - The dash electronic harness is like ~$500, the engine compartment harness is like ~$800, and so on.

I'd ask why you canceled your insurance, but that doesn't help your situation. The sky could be the limit with repairs. I believe the guy said he paid around $1k for the flooded civics (that were only a year old), and he had like 6-8 grand in repairs in each one to mitigate mold and then he still had to try to sell them all with a flood salvage title. He flips cars like that for a living, so the labor was all his own time.

Hi everyone my name is Jim. I have a 2014 Honda Civic Boat anchor. The car took a swim in fresh water but was submerged to the top of the dash. Of course by the time I got my car back from the towing company three days had passed. When I got in the car the only things working were the lights. I had nothing else. I have no communication with the ecm, no dash lights, the keyless entry doesn't work. I took it to the Honda Dealer and they said the cost would be the sky is the limit.

The car is paid for, my insurance on the car was canceled 3 days before the accident so the loss is totally mine. I have purchases modules and fuse boxes from ebay and had some success. but I still cannot get the car to start or turn over unless I hot wire the starter. I am thinking that the main problem lies with the immobilizer, when I by passed the ecm and hot wired the inside fuse box I got the dash lights to come on and the computers to do their checks for all the idiot lights. all checks failed, the anti theft light was on leaving me to believe the immobilizer had tripped and thought the car was being stolen.

Can anyone find it in their heart to offer advice. I must fix it I can't take the loss on it.

Jim Avalle
Thank you for your reply. I didn

Thanks for the reply. The insurance company cancelled the policy because my son had an accident with my Camero and totaled it. The case went on for about a year and then was settled, the next thing I know I get a cancellation letter. Sucks but the insurance companies have all the power. I know have a boat anchor if I can't figure this out.

Jim

If anything pull the engine, part it out or use as a parts car. Or sell it to a large vessel as a boat anchor like u said.

AHparts

Honda/Acura dismantlers.

Check with those guys. They have tons of wrecked Civics and they will pull the parts you request if you just email them. Browse the 12-15 non-Si cars and they list tons of parts too. Pricing is pretty reasonable and so is shipping.

https://ahparts.com/cars/Honda/CIVIC

Good luck man.

Back