2014 si Hooking up sub with stock head unit

Michael Sanford

Vehicle Model
2014 Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
So I'm installing a sub into the si and I'm running into a slight issue. I've wired up the left side and the sub works fine. However on the right side I'm supposed to be splicing the adapter into an orange wire which I was able to locate going to the speaker in the trunk (picture). However, I can not find any orange wire pertaining to sound going into the back of the head unit. Any ideas?20150227_173717.jpg 20150227_173818.jpg

You don't need a Line Out Converter since your Si has the Premium Audio with the external amp. See this thread and use the wiring diagram at the A harness at the external amp. The amp should be near the steering column above the brake pedal. The A harness is the pre-amp outputs from the head unit. Use the sub wiring from the A harness, which is before the factory amp. The factory amp is why the stereo sounds so awful because the amp has the frequency crossovers built-in, restricting the full range sound from all the speakers.

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/2012-civic-audio-wiring-guide-pinouts-for-factory-radio.5916/

@Hillstones The link says it's for a 2012 civic. Is it going to be the same for the 2014-2015?
It should, the external amps appear to be identical. You should double-check the wiring though once you look at the A and B harness at the amp, and the A harness at the back of the head unit, if you decide to pull the head unit.

If I have the "premium audio head unit" (2012 si) and there's a sub in the back...I should have the amp correct? (I don't have the navi)
you have the stock amp under the dash down by the drivers side footwell

Thanks Webby. I want to bump this pin out schematic. I was able to do my install last weekend. With a little help from a Crutchfield master sheet for dismantling my dash. (Props to guys on live chat to send that to me in less than 5 minutes) The pin out was amazing. I was able to find the remote and sub +/- out with no problems (PRE AMP). I was able to solder (right in the dash) my remote turn on and a set of female RCAs (not a LOC ) to the correct wires. It was a one and done for me. This was my first attempt at a custom box install. I still need to get it tuned...it a touch loud. Anyway, using my factory radio, factory amp for my mids and highs. Everything works as is should

Heres what i used for my RCA's (http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_67780_Rockford-Fosgate-RFIF2SW.html) (I simply just soldered the positives and negatives together and then to the sub +/- in the appropriate wire harness., again thank you guys at Crutchfield live chat for that advice too)

Sub Install 1.jpg Sub Install 2.jpg

Sub Install 1.jpg Sub Install 2.jpg

Thanks Webby. I want to bump this pin out schematic. I was able to do my install last weekend. With a little help from a Crutchfield master sheet for dismantling my dash. (Props to guys on live chat to send that to me in less than 5 minutes) The pin out was amazing. I was able to find the remote and sub +/- out with no problems (PRE AMP). I was able to solder (right in the dash) my remote turn on and a set of female RCAs (not a LOC ) to the correct wires. It was a one and done for me. This was my first attempt at a custom box install. I still need to get it tuned...it a touch loud. Anyway, using my factory radio, factory amp for my mids and highs. Everything works as is should

Heres what i used for my RCA's (http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_67780_Rockford-Fosgate-RFIF2SW.html) (I simply just soldered the positives and negatives together and then to the sub +/- in the appropriate wire harness., again thank you guys at Crutchfield live chat for that advice too)

I bought the Rockford fosgate line driver rf-bld. What do I do? I have no navi, touch screen

Back