2015 Civic: Headlight Bulb Alignment

Waseem Khan

so I just installed some LED Headlight bulbs on my 2015 Honda Civic.
I noticed the headlight bulbs are not aligned properly. Can anyone guide me (either visually or on here) how I can align the headlight bulbs? I looked in the owners manual and it mentioned to go to the dealer but I am wondering if I can do it myself?
Any assistance would be appreciated.

I don't know if these pics are from a civic, but they'll show you what to essentially look for.

It's a silver notched tooth "screw" if you can call it that. You turn it one direction with a large Phillips screwdriver and the bulb will go up. Turn the other direction and the bulb will lower.

IMG_7154.JPG

Pic showing the screwdriver going down into teeth below
IMG_7155.JPG

Thanks so much for your reply.
So I went out to my car and open the hood. I took multiple pictures here. I believe I know what hole you are talking about. Can you possibly markup from these pictures to guide me? Thanks so much.

I don't know if these pics are from a civic, but they'll show you what to essentially look for.

It's a silver notched tooth "screw" if you can call it that. You turn it one direction with a large Phillips screwdriver and the bulb will go up. Turn the other direction and the bulb will lower.

View attachment 56028

Pic showing the screwdriver going down into teeth below
View attachment 56029

Aside from the link with the pictures, I markuped what I believe what you are talking about. Can you confirm this with me please? Thank you!

Attachments

• 20170619_104014.jpg
    20170619_104014.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 16
I cannot tell if it's in that hole from your pic. You should be able to see a screw just like shown above in my pics on the back of the headlight housing. It may not be down in that hole on the civic. I don't have one to verify. You can test it by putting a screwdriver into that slot. You'll know in 2 seconds if the screwdriver turns in either direction on that gear/teeth.

Thank you. i looked again and i think i found what i am looking for in that hole. it is turning. thanks so much! i'll update if i have any issues!

Back