2015 si sedan

Last year I bought all new speakers the sub, woofers, tweeters and I had the worse sound from the factory amp it just did not have enough power. Me not knowing anything about audio I thought I just could add in some better speakers and I would be on my way. I since had to add in a new head unit and amplifier. I went with a JVC 1000w 5 ch amplifier that was cheap and absolutely hate it I honestly doubt it can be 1000w my sound is muffled and my phone is louder than my speakers. I love the head unit I am looking into just spending the money and getting an Alpine 5 ch amplifier.

I would get up with Crutchfield.com they normally will do a package deal. I know they have the Kenwood subwoofer and amp combo you can get if you just want a little more bass.

Last year I bought all new speakers the sub, woofers, tweeters and I had the worse sound from the factory amp it just did not have enough power. Me not knowing anything about audio I thought I just could add in some better speakers and I would be on my way. I since had to add in a new head unit and amplifier. I went with a JVC 1000w 5 ch amplifier that was cheap and absolutely hate it I honestly doubt it can be 1000w my sound is muffled and my phone is louder than my speakers. I love the head unit I am looking into just spending the money and getting an Alpine 5 ch amplifier.

I would get up with Crutchfield.com they normally will do a package deal. I know they have the Kenwood subwoofer and amp combo you can get if you just want a little more bass.

Yeah, I've read a lot about installing speakers won't do any good. I don't mind the speakers, I just need more bass. I'll check it out.

Yeah I goofed up and put the kicker CompR in that are 600w and thought they would be close to factory lol. My factory amp would get hot and turn off and on it was such a pain. I also did the JBL components because I thought with them all it would not max the amplifier. I should have spoken with Crutchfield.com before gave gotten something closer to factory spec.

Yeah I goofed up and put the kicker CompR in that are 600w and thought they would be close to factory lol. My factory amp would get hot and turn off and on it was such a pain. I also did the JBL components because I thought with them all it would not max the amplifier. I should have spoken with Crutchfield.com before gave gotten something closer to factory spec.
So you rushed the job and screwed it totally up:rotfl:

U took replaced the factory amp right? How hard was it?
I removed it completely it was not hard at all. I pulled some of the trim off like the floor duct to make it easier to get too. The hardest part is squeezing into that tight space.

My head unit has the the outputs for the woofers (L&R) and sub. I still need to splice into the wire harness to add in my front speakers and tweeters i have just been so busy i have not had time and on weekends it has been raining. I am also looking for a plug and play so i don't have to cut the whole harness.

Oh. Gonna have to look. It was one of the first mods on the car so I’m betting it’s the v1

Finished wrapping the chrome on the front. Figured out that it's much easier if you take the protective plastic off the top to be able to heat and form or around edges.
20191215-145559.jpg

Yeah. I'm happy with it. Glad I removed it all to wrap it. Better picture.
20191215-170304.jpg

Each time I wrap something I find new tricks. Still got some bubbles in the grill but not worth re doing it. I think I'm re doing the rear though. Pulling off the protective plastic is a game changer. I give lots of props to people that wrap whole cars. It's no fun.

I have plastic wrap on my vfr 800 tank with v4 11750redline.

Decided against wrapping my fogs yellow or painting.
Ordered red emblems last week from a source I've never used. Was on sale and 4 hours away from me so I figured it would arrive within a week at most. Nope. Was just told it will ship in the next two weeks. If my car wasn't off the road and I already removed the old emblems I'd be pretty mad.

Really hoping for either ktuned or full race downpipes to go on sale for boxing day/week.

Acuity shipped the shifter back. Expected next Monday.

Back