2016 Honda Civic Pricing & Info Released

Man, those prices......they seem high to anyone? Not looking good for the Si and even worse for the Type R.

That is exactly what I was thinking. Almost as if they are moving the Civic in the direction of a mid-size sedan and the Accord up to a full-size. I think people forget that the Civic is considered a compact.

The base model LX rises by $150
The EX drops in price by $150
The EX-L pricing increases by $860.

The destination and handling charges are $835 (increased $15 from current 2015 models).

I will be interested to see how upscale the car feels vs the current model. The pricing does seem kinda high at first but it's rather in line with the current offerings the leather is what really raises the price.

rear seat heaters, led headlamps, smart cruise control, lane departure warning, lane-keeping assist, road departure mitigation, forward collision warning and collision mitigation braking.....

that's quite a few add-ons to the 2015

lane departure warning, lane-keeping assist, road departure mitigation, forward collision warning and collision mitigation braking.....

to me these seem more like technological band aids to poor driving habits and under developed driving skill, and just create more venues for disengaged driving which leads to accidents.

rear seat heaters, led headlamps, smart cruise control

Worthy additions the one thing that's bugged me about the current Si is there was no factory option for HID's.

no word on the si or type s?
still nothing yet
to me these seem more like technological band aids to poor driving habits and under developed driving skill, and just create more venues for disengaged driving which leads to accidents.
Most insurance companies look at them as huge bonuses & will cut your insurance bill if you have them. The number of accidents are supposedly significantly reduced by having the auto braking/lane departure stuff.

still nothing yet

Most insurance companies look at them as huge bonuses & will cut your insurance bill if you have them. The number of accidents are supposedly significantly reduced by having the auto braking/lane departure stuff.
I don't doubt the accidents are reduced I have just always felt that everyone and their grandmother can get a license by passing the easiest of tests and no real emphasis is placed on developing skill. We make the cars smarter to account for the dumber drivers, kinda like kids who can't do math without a calculator because we lowered the standards. Ill take insurance discounts all day everyday though.

Even manuals are getting more simpler these days. Reverse lockout, hill assist, some cars even show you an arrow on the gauge cluster when it's time to up-shift or downshift. :screwy:

Even manuals are getting more simpler these days. Reverse lockout, hill assist, some cars even show you an arrow on the gauge cluster when it's time to up-shift or downshift. :screwy:

MY WRX manual even displays the gear you are in between the gauges.

Hey Webb thanks for taking the time to post all this information for us, you rock!

I'm getting really impatient now with this Si and type r. Honda needs to give us more info!

Last edited:
Back