2016 Honda Civic Pricing & Info Released

Amazing how the spoiler and quad pipes makes the rear a bit better to look at.

The tail lights on the white one are better but they def do not look like the sedan tail lights.

looks like they put 12" wide tires on the thing too

I see 16 civic's around here a lot and I can never tell them from an accord now and it's deterring. Honda is falling into the slum of all cars look the same and I feel they got really lazy. I honestly think my next car will be a ford sadly when and if I part from the 15 si. 14-15's are so unique and edgy that i can't see letting it go but the quality IMO after 19k miles to me is far from what Honda was and is known for.

You have some issues with yours?:confused: Mine is getting close to 30k miles and interior is holding up very well. Can't say the same about my old VW mk5 GTI that I had previously aka rattle box:pat:

You have some issues with yours?:confused: Mine is getting close to 30k miles and interior is holding up very well. Can't say the same about my old VW mk5 GTI that I had previously aka rattle box:pat:

I have a list of about 5 things or so that I wanna bring up to the dealer and see what they can do or will do.
1. Trans whine
2. Clutch pop at the fork
3. Headrests are pitting/pitted on the metal slides, hard to move and why should they corrode in months?
4. Passenger seat track was never synced aka left rail was not equal to right rail so the seat would never lock straight. Self fixed but still slightly a annoying so may get it replaced.
5. A/c line from the evap to compressor (bigger cold/low side line) is to long and rubs my hood. Already worn through the padding on the hood itself and is wearing the line down to one day have a leak.

Might be more but that's what I can think of now but I can't see getting another civic unless the type R can out due its upcoming competition of the focus RS, new speed3 or hell a used GTR! :drooling:

img_7112-1-b-jpg.3296

img_7106-1-jpg.3297

I have a list of about 5 things or so that I wanna bring up to the dealer and see what they can do or will do.
1. Trans whine
2. Clutch pop at the fork
3. Headrests are pitting/pitted on the metal slides, hard to move and why should they corrode in months?
4. Passenger seat track was never synced aka left rail was not equal to right rail so the seat would never lock straight. Self fixed but still slightly a annoying so may get it replaced.
5. A/c line from the evap to compressor (bigger cold/low side line) is to long and rubs my hood. Already worn through the padding on the hood itself and is wearing the line down to one day have a leak.

Might be more but that's what I can think of now but I can't see getting another civic unless the type R can out due its upcoming competition of the focus RS, new speed3 or hell a used GTR! :drooling:

Understand your frustration but just take it back to the dealer - these items are all still under warranty.

They arent going to to poop about the tranny whine....

I don't think they will but I can try to call Honda's headquarters and talk eye to eye. Being a mechanic I know what should and shouldn't be there at this mileage (don't know hondas but never have I heard this). Drove a 13' with 81k and barely heard a peep so meh if the do or not is what it is. My jeep with shot carrier bearings got a diff whine from the ring and pinion preload off due to the bearings worn. Blah blah blah not worried

Back on topic the lines do look like a Tesla now that you mention it @squiggy

I don't think they will but I can try to call Honda's headquarters and talk eye to eye. Being a mechanic I know what should and shouldn't be there at this mileage (don't know hondas but never have I heard this). Drove a 13' with 81k and barely heard a peep so meh if the do or not is what it is. My jeep with shot carrier bearings got a diff whine from the ring and pinion preload off due to the bearings worn. Blah blah blah not worried

Back on topic the lines do look like a Tesla now that you mention it @squiggy

My 06 Si had the whine....I wouldn't be worried about it, but being a mech, I could see your gripe.

blackin out that chrome window trim really helps

I think its just the angle of the pic and not actually blacked out window trim. But yes.....would be better to black it out.

My 06 Si had the whine....I wouldn't be worried about it, but being a mech, I could see your gripe.

I think its just the angle of the pic and not actually blacked out window trim. But yes.....would be better to black it out.

Assume you put some mileage on the 06 but at least I'll have them document it so if I do have issues down the road it'll be there on paper. Other than a little lack of power stock I really love the car as a whole, wish I had more money to get back to modifying. Struggle is real right now and honda has to differentiate the civic and accord for me to want a new civic. A lot of the newer vehicles across all manufacturers I don't like the looks of

Assume you put some mileage on the 06 but at least I'll have them document it so if I do have issues down the road it'll be there on paper. Other than a little lack of power stock I really love the car as a whole, wish I had more money to get back to modifying. Struggle is real right now and honda has to differentiate the civic and accord for me to want a new civic. A lot of the newer vehicles across all manufacturers I don't like the looks of
I did put some miles on the 06 but the whine was there early on. Just like it's already there in my 15 and just crossed over 15k miles.

I did put some miles on the 06 but the whine was there early on. Just like it's already there in my 15 and just crossed over 15k miles.

How loud is it? I can hear mine over the radio at volume level 15-20. First person that has had the same noise so I'm curious

Mine is not as bad as yours. Mainly hear it when letting off the gas at higher rpms and letting slow down in the same gear

This is the vid I made a bit ago and I'll post in the clutch/trans issue thread but it give's an idea. Appreciate the feed back @Nomar06

Back