2017 Tail of the Dragon VI: September 28th - October 1st

The smokeys are a long way from San Diego. Sounds like a legendary road. Never been easy of Arizona though. Don't know if it's safe.
@mikey6p made the trip from like the LA/Long Beach area a couple of years ago. I don't know if he's making the trip this year or not. Another road trip partner from the west.

how long does it take to drive across US? Lol
Just for comparison, it takes me 26 hours to drive from colorado springs, co to Fayetteville, nc. Give or take. It would save me about 3-4 hours if I stopped somewhere around the dragon. Hope that helps @ron v

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

how long does it take to drive across US? Lol
san diego to the dragon says 33hrs, so just depends on how much you are willing to drive in a day. 2 days of 16.5hrs each is rough. Splitting it into day 3 is doable.

The smokeys are a long way from San Diego. Sounds like a legendary road. Never been easy of Arizona though. Don't know if it's safe.

@mikey6p made the trip from like the LA/Long Beach area a couple of years ago. I don't know if he's making the trip this year or not. Another road trip partner from the west.

That was one wicked snake, wasn't it? Narrow, sneaky and brutally unforgiving. Up north the real "Snake" (Shady Valley 441) bites just as hard. I'm surprised more of us didn't have trouble with the DiamondBack... but if @bootyluvr isn't coming in September i don't have to fear any reprisals, do I? :escaper:

That was one wicked snake, wasn't it? Narrow, sneaky and brutally unforgiving. Up north the real "Snake" (Shady Valley 441) bites just as hard. I'm surprised more of us didn't have trouble with the DiamondBack... but if @bootyluvr isn't coming in September i don't have to fear any reprisals, do I? :escaper:

You guys are too much! SMH

I have other things I'm doing this year. Skipping this time. Maybe next year.

I may make it this year. Not sure if I will be in school.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I may make it this year. Not sure if I will be in school.

Aren't you a bit umm... old for school? :hiding: I'm kidding. Never too old to go to school! :thumbsup:

9e3Ve.gif

Going to be Dr. Sonej after you graduate? :woot:

Figure it would be about 10 days of vacay. Gonna have to suck up to the boss. Plus get some shocks for sure. Driving across the country on 70a mounts doesn't sound fun either. How more excuses do u want?

Figure it would be about 10 days of vacay. Gonna have to suck up to the boss. Plus get some shocks for sure. Driving across the country on 70a mounts doesn't sound fun either. How more excuses do u want?

That's enough... :giggle:

@ron v You could always try the @Nix solution -- fly in and rent a car. Miss just 4/5 days of work and a weekend.

Just for comparison, it takes me 26 hours to drive from colorado springs, co to Fayetteville, nc. Give or take. It would save me about 3-4 hours if I stopped somewhere around the dragon. Hope that helps @ron v

humm... 26 hours from CO means somebody actually goes the speed limit. Takes me 3 hard days from Sacramento to Atlanta or Nashville (depending on route) then another 3/4 hours. Construction delays, rest stops, food... even a mere 10 hours/day for 4 straight days isn't easy.

Let me tell ya though -- worth every minute.

humm... 26 hours from CO means somebody actually goes the speed limit. Takes me 3 hard days from Sacramento to Atlanta or Nashville (depending on route) then another 3/4 hours. Construction delays, rest stops, food... even a mere 10 hours/day for 4 straight days isn't easy.

Let me tell ya though -- worth every minute.
85c52b598042428d36807e9631c73e1c.jpg

I was a little off. I could prolly do it in 18.5-19 with stops and all. I won't be able to attend this year since I'm deployed. But I plan on living near Fayetteville, nc when I get out of the army. I'll be pretty close then. One day I'll join you guys out there for some good times

Back