24mm or 22mm rear sway bar

chris baltazar

Hi. I have a 2014 ex coupe (first ever car). This car is used daily for about 60-70 miles. I want to improve handling in my car. I have read that replacing stock rsb with wider ones will help. My problem is i dont know which ones to get. 22mm or 24mm? Im looking at the progress brand. Thanks in advance.

I'm unsure of the changes that have been made to the new 14's in terms of the suspension and sway bar sizes. I would not know which one to recommend you at this point. Depending on changes to the front/rear sizes the 2mm difference has a dramatic effect on handling. Generally I recommend the 22mm for DD/street use and the really huge 24mm bar for track guys. However, if things have been significantly changed on the newer cars the 22mm might not be any improvement at all. It's been mentioned that the 14' Si rear sway is quite large and quite cheap.

The 14' Si rear sway is 20mm bar for $38. I just don't know the size of the EX front/rear bars yet. Once I do find out it will be much easier to point you in a particular direction. I'd hate for you to spend money and not gain anything from it. Especially on a piece that can make such a huge difference to the handling of your car.

2mm increments on a sway bar = huge difference in stiffness. Just cause I have the quote handy but....

"This is in reference to a 3mm increase on the 2012/2013: The difference in the size of swaybars is the sum of squares. The Progress bar is a 34% increase over the 19mm, which I think is stock size on the Si anyway."

Thread about the Si RSB:

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/a...ay-bar-retrofit-to-2012-si.11497/#post-299140

Thank you very much. I found out at honda's website that the stock stabilizer bar for '14 ex coupe is 19mm front and 17mm rear.

Reactions: Nix
Ah nice, I just hadn't a chance to go look. If that's the case I would recommend you the 22mm. It should be a nice upgrade.

Even just going to the 20mm stock SI rear bar would be a significant improvement, and at $38 it's a steal. If you're not looking for track day performance the 20 would probably be good. If you really want to amp it up get the 22.

I think the 24 would be overkill.

Thanks! Do you know where i can get the si stock bar? The price difference is very significant and yes im not going to the track. Thanks again!

Thanks! Do you know where i can get the si stock bar? The price difference is very significant and yes im not going to the track. Thanks again!

I would ask the members on here that have replaced their Si's for an aftermarket.

@CollegeHillsHonda - Are these parts avilable for purchase yet?

Ok so it's just over $40. I thought it was $38. I must have been looking at something else. In any case its still pretty cheap in comparison.

It's number 9 on this diagram.

http://www.collegehillshondaparts.c...manual-engine/chassis-cat/rear-lower-arm-scat

Here is the page with just the RSB. It's the same part number for 2014 SI coupe or sedan:

http://www.collegehillshondaparts.c...ower-arm-scat/?part_name=spring-rr-stabilizer

Rear sway bar part #:
52300-TR7-A51SPRING, RR. STABILIZER

Install should be the same as any of the RSB DIY guides available here on the forum. I would also recommend you get new endlink nuts. The stock endlinks should be fine to reuse but sometimes the nut that sits on the end gets boogered up. Numbers 26 and 30 on the diagram. Get two of each. It'll be another $5-ish.

2 of these:
90002-S10-000NUT, FLANGE (10MM)

and 2 of these:

90212-SA5-003NUT, SELF-LOCK (10MM)

Thanks webby. Hopefully im eligible for it already. I dont think im a member for 30 days or have 10 posts already. But i can wait.

Back