282mm diameter rear rotors

gisseresseye

Hey guys, I bought rear rotors for my gf's 2015 civic ex. They are 282mm diameter and were listed on rockauto's website as fitting the 1.8L 2015 civic. They are also listed on the raybestos website as fitting a 2015 civic, but they don't specify any particular model. I purchased them without giving it a second though. Took the rear brakes apart the other day to install the new ones, and the rotors are too big!

Are these supposed to be for the Si?

Hey guys, I bought rear rotors for my gf's 2015 civic ex. They are 282mm diameter and were listed on rockauto's website as fitting the 1.8L 2015 civic. They are also listed on the raybestos website as fitting a 2015 civic, but they don't specify any particular model. I purchased them without giving it a second though. Took the rear brakes apart the other day to install the new ones, and the rotors are too big!

Are these supposed to be for the Si?
Autozone shows 282 on the front and 260 on the rear for the ex trim.

Autozone shows 282 on the front and 260 on the rear for the ex trim.

These are the ones I purchased:
https://www.brakepartsinc.com/raybestos/catalog-part-search.html?PartNumber=980577FZN
As you can see, it says they fit 2015 civic rear.

If you look here at the 980402fzn model which is 260mm it states they fit the Si:
https://www.brakepartsinc.com/raybestos/catalog-part-search.html

So I am completely confused. If the 260mm rear rotors fit both the Si and the EX, then why are they listing 282mm rear rotors as fitting the civic? Which trim?

FYI, be very careful when ordering from rockauto. They have the rotors I ordered clearly listed under the 2015 civic 1.8L heading, and that's what I have. But they don't fit and it's their fault for listing it under the wrong vehicle, but yet they want me to pay to ship them back for a refund. Being in Canada, the refund for the item will be less than the shipping cost! Not only that, but I'll be out the cost I payed to have them shipped to me. So overall I will get a $30 refund while having paid out $80 combined for the initial shipping and then the return shipping. Makes no sense for their mistake.

I'd just like to know if they are actually made for the Si, if so I can try to sell them locally stating the proper vehicle they fit..

Last edited:
:chopwood:Don't know but rock auto sometimes is quite crappy as you found out.:sadbanana:I bought some rotors once from them and the core charge is worthless-more than the shipping costs-I threw them in garbage.

Last edited:
Online it’s saying 300 front / 260 rear on the 15 si.

You should be able to verify the ones you received are the same size as your ex fronts. People run bigger rotors and brake setups all the time. You shouldn’t have any rubbing/clearance issues if those work on your front.

If you want to return them, get someone from management on the phone and get them to deal with the return shipping/fees.

https://www.procivic.com/p/ym/2015/civic/stoptech-premium-replacement-brake-kits.html?ctid=2835

I don't think you should pay for shipping return when it's their fault. But I know you already paid for rotors and pads. procivic.com has a rotor pad combo that are made by Stop Tech. I normally go through Axion industries to get my stuff if you don't have any luck with rock auto. axion is having a big sale you might be able to contact Michael Hinton and he can set you up or go through pro civic.

Online it’s saying 300 front / 260 rear on the 15 si.

You should be able to verify the ones you received are the same size as your ex fronts. People run bigger rotors and brake setups all the time. You shouldn’t have any rubbing/clearance issues if those work on your front.

If you want to return them, get someone from management on the phone and get them to deal with the return shipping/fees.

I wouldn't be comfortable using them on the front even if they were the same diameter. These are thinner and they are not vented. They are meant to be used on the rear of a car.
These are 9mm thick and the typical fronts are 23mm thick..

Last edited:
https://www.procivic.com/p/ym/2015/civic/stoptech-premium-replacement-brake-kits.html?ctid=2835

I don't think you should pay for shipping return when it's their fault. But I know you already paid for rotors and pads. procivic.com has a rotor pad combo that are made by Stop Tech. I normally go through Axion industries to get my stuff if you don't have any luck with rock auto. axion is having a big sale you might be able to contact Michael Hinton and he can set you up or go through pro civic.

Thanks for the info. I actually ordered the 260mm rears from rockauto. I figure I can sell the original ones they sent me locally if I could just find out exactly what they fit.

ex and ex-l trim are showing 11.1" / 10.2" (front/rear disk) which translates to 282mm front and 259 or 260mm rear.
si trim is showing 11.8" / 10.2" (front/rear disk) which translates to 300mm front and 260mm rear.

talk to someone in management about it. That info ^ is direct from honda's spec sheet.

ex and ex-l trim are showing 11.1" / 10.2" (front/rear disk) which translates to 282mm front and 259 or 260mm rear.
si trim is showing 11.8" / 10.2" (front/rear disk) which translates to 300mm front and 260mm rear.

talk to someone in management about it. That info ^ is direct from honda's spec sheet.

Thanks, I appreciate the info.
It is for sure a mistake both on the rockauto site and on the raybestos site that these fit the civic. Hopefully rockauto will refund me all that I am out..

On a side note, I politely spoke to a man on the phone from raybestos about how the info on their site couldn't be correct as the rotors were too big and wouldn't fit within the dust shield on the car. He was adamant that the info was right stating that what "2015 honda civic rear" really means is that it is for the Si. I pointed out to him that "how could that be when you specifically list 260mm rotors as fitting the Si trim too, so which is it?" After about 10 minutes of conversation, he abruptly said he is not arguing about it and our conversation is done.. then he hung up on me. Not a great representative for what I thought was a reputable company. Again, I was completely calm and polite the whole time..

Last edited:
45251-S2A-000 is showing as the part # for the s2000. Online is seems that shows up as 300mm.

as for the accord, I'm not sure what year you're referring to. I'd have to look up specific years and specific trims/engines for the accord and pull part #'s.

2019 -
42510-TVA-A00
20EX-L, 20SPT, 20TRNG, EX, EX-L, LX, SPORT
11.5/11.1" which translates to 292 or 293mm / 282mm rear.

Raybestos is listing Acura ILX 2016-2019 Acura TSX 2009-2014 and Honda Accord 2005-2017 with the 282mm rears. I believe they are correct there as in cross referencing with centric those numbers align. I am sure there could be more as well.

Centric never mentions 282mm as fitting any civic rear..

45251-S2A-000 is showing as the part # for the s2000. Online is seems that shows up as 300mm.

as for the accord, I'm not sure what year you're referring to. I'd have to look up specific years and specific trims/engines for the accord and pull part #'s.

2019 -
42510-TVA-A00
20EX-L, 20SPT, 20TRNG, EX, EX-L, LX, SPORT
11.5/11.1" which translates to 292 or 293mm / 282mm rear.

dang the S2k's rear are that big? I remember wanting to convert my GS-R rear to the S2K but couldn't remember how much bigger they were.

I have centric on my srt-4 and they are really thick heavy duty rotors-much thinker than on a Honda SI. SRT-4 rotors are using extra High temp rotor's
don't know if Honda is using that type as the high-temp version just came out a few years ago and only on the front. I am using special track pads that still work in the cold. And it stops really fast I may add. I once put on reg neon rotors that almost blew up at 155mph-didn't stop too well LOL!:pinkdomokundance: Your rotors break, you break with a locked up wheel.:turbospin::wheee:

I would put my money on those actually being rotors for the Accord.

I bought a new blower fan a year ago that was labeled as for the '13 Civic from Rock Auto, and it was also for an Accord. It had a different plug, and overall was 50% bigger but it did fit so I made it work.

Back