+5 offset On a 2014 Civic Ex

JayLando

So i been on the hunt for rims for a long time and ill be honest i know how offsets work and what they mean but i dont know how that applies for fitment. The rims i want are 17x9 with a +5
Offset and a 73.1 Bore.. stock is +45 and 64.1 Bore. What would i need to do to get these on or should I not even bother?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A +5 offset will stick out way far from your fender. www.willtheyfit.com can help you see what i'm talking about. You also will need a tire size or just guess one and it'll show you the relation. Bore.....I know nothing about

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

A +5 offset will stick out way far from your fender. www.willtheyfit.com can help you see what i'm talking about. You also will need a tire size or just guess one and it'll show you the relation. Bore.....I know nothing about

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Thank you that helped alot, they also have it in a size 18 but i was tryna stay smaller but guess 18 will do. Just gotta figure out bore now
Lol.

as im sure you have seen, +5 offset on a 9" wheel is way too low of offset on our cars.

as for the hub bore, that refers the the size of the center hole on the back of the wheel. most aftermarket wheels are much bigger so they can fit all makes. you will use a hub ring to adapt the larger 73mm wheel to the 64mm hub. the wheel MUST have an equal or larger bore than the vehicle to fit.

here is a really good illustration of it
how4.jpg

as im sure you have seen, +5 offset on a 9" wheel is way too low of offset on our cars.

as for the hub bore, that refers the the size of the center hole on the back of the wheel. most aftermarket wheels are much bigger so they can fit all makes. you will use a hub ring to adapt the larger 73mm wheel to the 64mm hub. the wheel MUST have an equal or larger bore than the vehicle to fit.

here is a really good illustration of it
how4.jpg

Ah great thank you. Good thing i asked here or i woulda been in a dilema when i ordered the wheels lol.

hubcentric rings are cheap. Most places that sell aftermarket wheels/tires will have them as well.

I have a set of 4 hub rings, stock ID, 73.1 OD. I got these to fit some RPF1's but that fell through. Let me know if you want them.

Back