500-600 watts RMS too much?

r18-power

FL
Vehicle Model
Focus ST
Body Style
Hatchback
So I recently replaced my OEM battery because it died on me. I was being preventative and installed a 2 farad capacitator well it ended up screwing up the battery and I ended up buying a optima yellow top, anywho.. my question is I have a kicker comp R 12" sub (500 rms) with a kicker 600.1 mono amp, do you guys think I'll be ok to run it on a stock alternator and the optima yellow top battery? Or do you think it will be too much of a load for the electrical system? I'm not sure at what point these cars are maxed out? Any input/suggestions will be appreciated! I just don't want my battery dying or anything like that.

You have a voltmeter? You could see the draw on your battery with the amp off versus amp on and see how the alternator keeps up.

I'm not sure the max output of the cars alternator, but if you use ohm's law, your amp at 600 watts is going to add an additional 42 to 50 amp to your cars system. Watts/volts=current. That would be 42 amps at 14.4 volts or 50 amps at 12. I ran my JL 700/5 and measured my system ~ 70 amps. With the blower on high, a/c running. I don't remember the number of just the amp. I have a yellow top but don't run my system really loud for extended periods maybe 20-30 minutes tops. You would need a clamp-on amp meter to measure your draw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back