$89,000 Bugatti Veyron (it was converted from a wrecked Ford Cougar)

iluvmycsx

Mr Csx
VIP Member
Regina - The City That Rhymes with Fun
Vehicle Model
Acura Csx
Body Style
Sedan
It may look like a $1.6million Bugatti Veyron - but this luxury sports car can be yours for only $89,000.

A supercar nut has transformed his £1,000 Ford banger into this stunning replica of the Bugatti Veyron - which is now on sale for £54,000.
Petrol head Mike Duke, from Florida, spent nine months transforming his Ford Cougar into a red and black imitation of the 1,000bhp motor.

article-0-0D01C66A00000578-966_964x475.jpg
Not what it seems: The replica Bugatti Veyron that was built around a $1,600 Ford Cougar by Mike Duke in Florida
article-2015002-0D01C63800000578-492_470x409.jpg
article-2015002-0D028CE500000578-857_470x409.jpg
Before and after: Mr Duke spent nine months converting the car from a $1,600 Ford Cougar, right, using a special bodykit
A specially-designed bodykit makes it indistinguishable from a £1million Veyron and the interior has been re-styled and covered in leather.
But the engine is the Cougar's standard 2.5 litre V6 model, meaning its power falls well short of the 1,000bhp developed by the Veyron's 8-litre powerplant.
This means 0-62mph in 8.2 seconds and a top speed of 140mph - a way off the Veyron's 2.5 seconds and 253mph.
Mike, from Florida, said: "I wanted the million dollar look without the repair bills, insurance and huge upfront cost.
article-2015002-0D028CD800000578-291_964x457.jpg
Halfway there: The replica Bugatti Veyron during its conversion. Mr Duke left the power train as standard - meaning there's no 8-litre engine under the hood developing 1,000bhp, with the Cougar-Veyron making do with a 2.5-litre V6 engine

article-2015002-06434FA1000005DC-490_964x456.jpg
It drives smoothly without any issues and if there is ever a repair issue I'm sure it will not break the bank.
'I'm very happy with the finished result and of course driving around in the car gets more comments than you could ever imagine.
'I want to be careful not to call this car a Bugatti - it's a re-bodied Ford Cougar.
'But it looks better than a Cougar, and while it's no Veyron, it's still fast enough.' Mike won't say how much the conversion cost, but it is thought to be more than £20,000 on top of his nine months of hard work.
He is now selling his pride and joy on eBay for $89,000.
Bugatti made just 300 Veyrons with the final model - a Super Sports model - sold last month to a European customer for £1.5 million.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Buga...5353641?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item43a83c9da9

This is the nicest rebody car you will find at this time and look as hard as you like but you will not find another one that looks even close to this one. This car looks like a million dollars all day long. The paint job is base / clear, sanded and buffed to a show car shine. Ferrari red and black combo. The body is made of composite and fiberglass with a one inch tubular steel frame glassed into it. This one inch tube frame is welded to the donor car which makes the entire thing solid as a rock! This car is actually a 2002 mercury cougar two door sport coupe. The car has a nice reliable 2.5 L V6 motor and Ice cold AC. Its easy to maintain and cost affordable. I feel these are some of the most important things for sure. There are custom wheels and tires installed, 20 inch staggered. This car drives very smooth with the 20 inch wheels. I get so many questions asking how fast is the car. My best reply is fast enough. It is not a rocket ship, If you are a motor head you can install a larger motor, but I do not do that kind of work. This car is a stock 2002 mercury cougar, Stock wheel base, Stock motor and automatic transmission, Stock power windows and locks, stock wiring, stock guages, stock AC controls under these nice fancy looking aluminum trim parts. The seats are even modified stock cougar parts as well, Just everything has been recovered in a real leather, Leather seats, Leather headliner, Leather trim on the carpet, Leather Dash. Another nice bonus about this car is the rear seating area, Not large by any means, however if you have a kid or two, they will enjoy riding around in this beast. The rear seats fold down to expose a small storage area behind the seats. There is also another storage area in the very rear of the car. The exhaust exits through the large single tip which produces a nice tone. Check out the fit of the door windows to the body with the rubber molding, This factory look completes the package. Call with any questions, Or email is good also. Window shoppers please do not call and waste my time, Just enjoy the pictures and keep shopping!

This is a great car! Its fun to drive and turns heads more then you can imagine! I could even be a great daily driver.

Serious inquiries please call my cell at .... 623-256-3648

What a waste of money.

Back