8th gen brake pads/rotors on 9th gen?

dirtybird222

'
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
I'm 99.9% sure the pads will work from 8th to 9th gen - as should the rotors; but, before I do anything I always like to check and double check. Has anyone done this, match up correctly? I have a lot of left over parts from my 8th gen that would be great spares to take to track days....if they work. Thanks in advance guys/gals

I've been trying to determine this for a while. What I've been able to gather so far is that the rotors are the same size according to car and driver website, and others, but that on CHH parts list it says the rotors are larger. Also the hat design could be different so the rotors might be the same size but not fit the caliper.

Looks like a 16" rotor according to this:

http://www.collegehillshondaparts.c...nt-brake-24l/disk-fr-brake-16-25t/45251tr7a00

But if you go here, or where ever, click the specs tab and it lists the front rotors as being 11.8" :

http://natick.bernardihonda.com/new-Natick-2013-Honda-Civic Coupe-2dr Man Si-2HGFG4A50DH704824

@CollegeHillsHonda : Do you guys know if they new rotors are the same size or are they 16"?

According to the Porterfield website the sedan brake pads will fit from 07 to 12 (not sure if they've added 2013 model information but brakes are the same from 12 to 13 anyways). And that those same pads will fit a plethora of Hondas and Acuras so that may be my answer right there as far as pads.

Rotors though, still looking for a hard confirmation. Thanks Nix!

Reactions: Nix
9th gen
si = 11.8" / 10.2" Ventilated front disc/ Solid rear disc brakes.

I can't find the pic. Someone had the 8th/9th rotors side by side. The 9th gens were thicker ...more room for air flow or whatever on them versus the 8th.

Confirmed that 8th gen pads will fit up front just not the rotors. I would buy an extra set of autozone blank rotors with some hawk blue pads up front if you plan on using your DD for track days. Run stock pads/rotors in the rear for some balance.

Koni yellows would be the best shocks to run outside of coilovers; but, I'm not sure if there is a decent spring to go with that. Seems all there is out there are lowing springs for our cars. Maybe an 8th gen spring would work with these shocks.

Don't upgrade your front sway bar for track days - you could even disconnect the front for track days. Upgrade the rear only. You'll get the *** end to kick out to counteract the understeer.

As far as an alignments go - it's really a preference. I run my FWD cars with nothing done in the rear. Up front I'll have the camber at about -1.2, leave the caster neutral (rwd cars I put towards the drivers seat to give the car a better response in steering), and a slight bit of toe in.

Back