90 325is and FA5

is this the same chip jro has on his car?
No, I have a custom tune.

Plus OBD1 and OBD2 are rather different in terms of tuning. OBD1 literally is a "chip" that is inserted into the DME.

Headers wont get you any power, a chip (conforti has the best rep, imo) is good, but a diff would add the most noticeable performance while driving.

Plus OBD1 and OBD2 are rather different in terms of tuning. OBD1 literally is a "chip" that is inserted into the DME.

Headers wont get you any power, a chip (conforti has the best rep, imo) is good, but a diff would add the most noticeable performance while driving.

Been hiding?
Thanks for the input. Once I get the hfp stuff sold, I will be getting a diff and subframe bushings.

sorry for typos, from phone
E30, FA5

I found some decent deals on diffs, but most are across the country. There is an all german salvage yard here in griffin. He is going to check, then I need him to look for a z3 steering rack.

E30, FA5

How hard was removing the sunrood cassette? Did you skin it and have the metal welded, go with aluminum, or lexan?

E30, FA5

Pretty simple. I did not skin it; just had tabs welded on and bolted it to the stock holes.

Sounds like I have a lot to do. Remove sunroof cassette, drop subframe, clean it, replace bushings, buy a 4.10 lsd, install it, paint subframe, and reinstall it. Oh, I forgot finding a z3 rack and changing it. I need to sell some more stuff.

E30, FA5

I have taken a slightly different direction.
FA5-adding rear sway to help control the new body roll. Installing new camber bolts. Both ordered.

E30-going with a maf conversion for throttle response and a slight power gain. Changing rear subframe bushings and diff mount. Rebuilding my 3.73 lsd. And of course more weight reduction, by removing the sunroof cassette. Prob removing some other minor things. Possibly going with 225 or 235 tires vs 205.

E30, FA5

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?p=3014476

I am trying to decide on whether I should change my tire size. Do you think there was enough grip with the 205 pizza cutters on the e30? I am looking for some opinions, because I have three sets of wheels and tires for it. I am currently testing the waters about selling them. The ones I like the best are the only ones ppl have shown interest in. I can link to the wheels in the other thread. I just know ppl in this thread care about handling, and have seen the car in action.

E30, FA5

I may have found a z3 rack for 100. It has a much quicker ratio.

I also ordered new urethane rear subframe bushings and diff mount.

I have two possibilities for swapping the 3.73 for a 4.10.

E30, FA5

The 4.10 is on the way, along with subframe/diff bushings. I am still waiting for the maf conversion, and once it arrives I can replace the injectors too.

I am now trying to decide if the z3 rack will be the next upgrade. I found a few for really cheap and it changes the ratio to 2.7 compared to the stock 4.0.

are you still deciding on what you're driving to the dragon at this point? I see you're obviously doing a lot of things to the bmw.

are you still deciding on what you're driving to the dragon at this point? I see you're obviously doing a lot of things to the bmw.

If I get everything ready on the bmw, then I am planning to trailer it. It is just better to have a F/R car, with all of the sharp turns.

I am trying to get it ready for a track day too, or at least a few autox's.

E30, FA5

Just got these in. Anybody want to help?
2012-03-15110005.jpg

Something else just showed up, and I definitely wasn't expecting it today. I just ordered the 4.10 LSD Tues. The outside looked to be in good shape, but removing the cover is always needed(at least to replace the gasket and inspect the gears).
2012-03-15135541.jpg

Feels weird seeing one of my sets of wheels on another car, but at least I know they will be used.
Seeing them on the car makes me think I should have kept them, but I really want to run 225s vs 205s.
Photo03141811.jpg

you doing the installs with jro?
Nah. He has been hiding somewhere. He lives North and I live south. It would take about 2 hours to get to each other's house.
I will be doing the install sometime this week. Just have to get the rear end cleaned up.

I have been working to clean up the 4.10. The only things it needed were the output shaft seals and o-rings.
IMG_20120320_084239.jpg

IMG_20120320_084247.jpg

IMG_20120320_084253.jpg

IMG_20120320_084257.jpg

IMG_20120320_084307.jpg

IMG_20120320_084328.jpg

Once I get everything back together I plan on repainting it for protection. Once it is ready to install, I will do it and the subframe bushings at the same time.

If the seals will just get here.

Back