9CCD III: Official Registration Thread

@SpartanML

I read where one of guys of Jalopnik was put in jail for speeding in Virginia... :omg:

Yea I posted the article here lol. He was way out of line though. But yes, Virginia is brutal. The speed limit likes to drop at random, radar detectors are illegal and they have handheld units to catch them, and there are cops everywhere. The state is beautiful but it sucks to drive through it.

@SpartanML

I read where one of guys of Jalopnik was put in jail for speeding in Virginia... :omg:
VA isn't too happy about people going 93 in a 55mph zone. He was on Rt 211 which is barely 55mph to start with. The car could have been impounded, he could have received a 30 day jail term. He got off light. Maybe the judge took pity on him because he was so stupid.

I'll be there early Wed, planning a night time ride and getting there before 12noon. So I might be sleeping by the time most get there around 5pm ish.

Anyone camping out in a tent?
I am.. I am also bringing my mountain bike.. I plan on getting a couple rides in. I hear there's great trails down there. Hoping there might be more mtb'ers heading down with there bikes!!
I am heading down Tues. and staying till Monday morning.

Anyone camping out in a tent?
I am.. I am also bringing my mountain bike.. I plan on getting a couple rides in. I hear there's great trails down there. Hoping there might be more mtb'ers heading down with there bikes!!
I am heading down Tues. and staying till Monday morning.

I had thought about bringing my mountain bike but decided it was too much for the time I have available down there, plus it would be a hassle getting my bike and gear down there without a bike rack for the Mustang (when I mountain bike here at home I just throw it in the back of my truck).

My friend has been to Tsali and he said it was good, so I was thinking about that:

http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/nfsnc/recarea/?recid=48922

Maybe next time if I can get away for longer than a day or two.

So I guess the first post is the final list? Anyone else coming that's not on it?

Back