9th Gen Civic Si Big Bore Throttle Body Upgrade Kit!

This is a new throttle body upgrade kit we just started offering for 9th Gen Civic Si's. The throttle body used in this package is from a Honda J37 motor, and features a huge 80mm inlet that tapers to 70mm at the throttle plate. We use very high quality AN fittings as well. The bolts we use are also longer than normally supplied with this kind of upgrade. The reason for this is there is not a ton of thread engagement after putting on the spacer and both gaskets...so these longer bolts solve that issue.

The installation is super easy and, with the supplied adapter, bolts right up to your stock manifold or an aftermarket manifold. The throttle body adapter works as a spacer to help performance even more, and we also include thermal gaskets as well. This throttle body performs especially well when paired with a port matched intake manifold.

We're offering a special forum discount of $30 off on this product. They are IN STOCK and ready to ship! Just use the discount code "9thcivic_oem_tb" when ordering. :dance:

Ordering/product link: Honda Civic Honda of Japan OEM Big Bore Throttle Body Upgrade Kit

• Increases horsepower and torque by optimizing airflow to your engine.
  • Gains of up to 10+ hp, naturally aspirated (more on turbocharged and supercharged vehicles).
  • Huge 80mm inlet that tapers down to 70mm at the throttle plate.
  • An easy "plug and play" bolt-on installation. Includes installation sheet with torque specs as well.
  • Throttle body is made by Honda, and includes all DBW (Drive by Wire) circuitry.
  • Features high quality bolts and AN fittings.
  • Compatible with all factory sensors and emissions equipment.
  • Includes special throttle body spacer and thermal gaskets to help maximize power output.
honda-japan-big-bore-throttle-body_LRG.jpg

29783_2602___TB%20Extra%20Image%201.jpg

29783_2602___TB%20Extra%20Image%202.jpg

Keep in mind when looking at the above pictures, the 9th Gen Si version of this kit includes slightly different hardware (the pictures are of the 8th Gen Si version).

Last edited:
Is this compatible with the RBC manifold? Or would I just have to buy one for the 06-11?

FYI, in order to fit an intake, you'll need to get a bigger coupler. Probably a 3.25" to 3" (for common intakes) or 3.25" to 3.5".

^Dar Dar is correct, you will need a different sized coupler for some intakes (Unless you already have a "3 intake). We have been able to use a standard 3" coupler. (Even though the inlet outside diameter is slightly larger, most silicone couplers will stretch .25" just fine).

^Dar Dar is correct, you will need a different sized coupler for some intakes (Unless you already have a "3 intake). We have been able to use a standard 3" coupler. (Even though the inlet outside diameter is slightly larger, most silicone couplers will stretch .25" just fine).

JAYBLS did use a 3" coupler on his intake to ZDX tb.
D7L_0200.jpg

It's definitely do-able. Some Couplers are easier to stretch than others. The other option is to use a portion of the old 3" coupler as a "Spacer" underneath a new 3.25" coupler (On the intake side).

Obviously the option that works best is usually determined by the intake that you have and the couplers available. :D

We don't have a dyno chart specific to just this mod, but you can expect about 10 hp when used with an intake. We also recommend port matching your intake manifold for the best possible gains.

so that is your sales pitch...gain 10 horsepower when used with an intake....lol...that is pretty bad marketing.

how much is the intake gain versus your throttle bodies gain...if you are going to make a claim it is probably in your best interest to at least have real facts to back it up.

so that is your sales pitch...gain 10 horsepower when used with an intake....lol...that is pretty bad marketing.

how much is the intake gain versus your throttle bodies gain...if you are going to make a claim it is probably in your best interest to at least have real facts to back it up.

"Up to 10+ hp" depending on what mods are added to the car. It is definitely much better than the Skunk2 aftermarket TBs because it is cheaper, an OEM honda part (besides the adapter), and is 100% full bolt on. The Skunk2 TB is also a full 72mm to 72mm (compared to a 80mm to 70mm ZDX tb).

OEM ZDX TB > Skunk2 TB. I'm not bashing on Skunk2's products at all. I'm only comparing these two TBs and the ZDX is a better option for an aftermarket throttle body.

And to add, do not open an account here and ridicule our sponsors about their 'marketing gig'.

Last edited:
trust me, i am not after anyone at all, i am here as a member of the community....just purchased a 2012 Civic Si that I will put a lot of info up about as we already have a lot of things on the agenda....i have been monitoring this site for the last couple of weeks and now on a daily basis so i will make sure to chime in as warranted.

it amazes me that the members of this community though just accept the fact that this thing makes 10 hp because this company says it does...bigger is not always better...i 100% guarantee that..just because it is bigger than the Skunk2 and bigger than the OEM honestly doesn't mean a thing at all -- it either works or it doesn't but making horsepower claims without any real information to back up the horsepower claims is pretty ignorant and for anyone to fall for that is naive.

it is simple...you have a new part designed to make horsepower...you dyno it, you prove the concept, you use the actual test results as the marketing for the product....performance companies have been doing this for years...you just don't say it does this because i said so and not expect to be called out on it.

I run a shop here in the Central Florida area and have been doing this for close to 13 years now....been around the block a couple of times I guess you could say...just asked a simple question...got a poor response so I inquired more.

Back