DIY 9thcivic 2012+ Civic Ambient Lights DIY

I installed the blue lights today. I took out the blue lense in the clear mount. A complete disappointment. Very dim light even when the blue lense is taken out. I think my dog's eyes give off more light in a dark room. DON'T Waste YOUR MONEY ON THIS OEM KIT!

I installed the blue lights today. I took out the blue lense in the clear mount. A complete disappointment. Very dim light even when the blue lense is taken out. I think my dog's eyes give off more light in a dark room. DON'T Waste YOUR MONEY ON THIS OEM KIT!
check out the kit at leglow.com
very bright and comes with a remote for brightness settings and other settings
you can see my build thread for pics if you want

Yeah...the OEM ambient kit is weak!

I went with LEDGLow (as suggested above) and it's WAY brighter and far, far less expensive...the whole setup (including fuses and add-a-circuit) cost me about $45.

This is what it looks like lit up. Mind you, this was taken when it wasn't even dark outside, so you can imagine how bright it is at night.

8403947002_f41c3f26e5_b.jpg

Man, I hope people are not paying a lot or these ambient kits. You could just buy 2 feet of LED light strip and some wire. The whole job should cost about 15 or 20 bucks. You could even wire your light kit to an OEM button for a few bucks more. Check out my two DIYs in the Lighting section.

Last edited:
Man, I hope people are not paying a lot or these ambient kits. You could just buy 2 feet of LED light strip and some wire. The whole job should cost about 15 or 20 bucks. You could even wire your light kit to an OEM button for a few bucks more. Check out my two DIYs in the Lighting section.

Yeah, screw the OEM kit. I've never been a fan of LED strips....TOTAL cost for my "ambient kit" was $45, 4 (9") LED tubes, all the wires, bought an add-a-circuit and the kit came with a control box that has multiple settings, and...it's SUPER bright! I love it.

Last edited:
Okay, got ya. You don't see the lights under the dash and the LED strip lights are at plenty bright.

Last edited:
got my 6 piece ledglow smd set sitting in the corner hoping its dosent snow tm so i can wire it. ill post pics when its done.

Last edited:
Back