9thcivic Dragon Meet Part III Itinerary

Itinerary:

This year will be a bit different, there will be more organized group drives, and driving in general with much less items on the agenda for each day, it will feel less rushed with just more time overall for fun and bonding as a group.

Gone is the exhaust video. Reasons are that most of our cars this year are unchanged, or just stock, and frankly it takes too much time out of the morning. It's one thing I can live without. Now if we all had new vehicles this year with full exhausts, then I would change my mind.

Since I'm rolling solo down this year, I'm considering leaving the D around 9-10PM Tuesday and driving all night to arrive at Fontana by mid-morning Wednesday, resting for a few hours, then getting back out around 4-5PM. But I haven't decided.

For the group drives, they're pretty good, I will ask ETF to help with directions or give me maps since I'm new to leading group drives that aren't the dragon or skyway. I'm only having one drive that covers the dragon, and it's on Thursday because of less traffic and LEO presence. We all universally agree that the roads in the area are better than the dragon which has slowly become a tourist attraction for lazy bikers that think they're badass because they're taking a hairpin corner at 25mph.

Wednesday 9/17:

6:00PM - Depart Fontana for a drive around 6:30-7PM, for whoever is here at the time. Hang out at the lodge or the awesome cabin afterwards

Thursday 9/18:

7:00 AM – 4:00PM – All day crusing the dragon / rt28 / skyway /. As proven last year, morning runs are the best time to get out there. I will lead a group drive covering the dragon, and going to the skyway starting at 11AM (same as the old 8thcivic Saturday drive). I will stop in Robbinsville afterward to pick up food

5:00PM - Dinner at the Wildwood Grill at Fontana Lodge. (this is not being reserved / catered by me, just show up and get an outside table, weather permitting, as you normally would)

7:00PM - Small get-together / meet & greet at the Bear's Den Lounge at Fontana. Meet, drink up and be merry

Friday 9/19:
8:00-9:00AM - Breakfast at death_roll's cabin, self explanatory, I will be offering the traditional breakfast items to fuel up for the big drive (pancakes, french toast, eggs, waffles, sausage, bacon, cereal, etc., let me know in advance if you plan on being there)

9:00AM - 3:00PM - Group drive heading down RT28 to Highlands NC, stopping for lunch.

5:00PM - I suggest you all rest up whoever is going on the skyway night run. But I will be hanging out at my cabin and grilling from about 3PM - 7PM, feel free to join for (paid by your registration) food.

8:00PM –Extreme Ping Pong Tournament, round 1, located in the game room; the trophy will be awarded after the tournament is over (we still haven't figured out how someone wins after 3 years!)

*11:00PM – Potential night run to the skyway depending on the weather conditions. Keep in mind I'm 100% serious about this now, I'm definitely going come hell or high water, so I recommend getting some rest during the day Friday.

Saturday 9/20:
7:00-8:00AM –
Breakfast at my cabin once again...

8:00AM - Depart Fontana for a several hour drive starting at Fontana, going down thru Robbinsville to Helen GA to meet up with ETF and Mamarazzi around noon-1PM. On the way back we will go up blood mt., it's going to be a reverse of the Friday drive from last year. Led by me and possibly ETF at the end.

5:00PM - Evening dinner and cookout at death_roll's, and surrounding cabins reserved by the other attendees. BYOF / BOYB is accepted, I will post a menu as we get closer to the big weekend. I do hope you have a palate for hot foods.

8:00PM - More crazy ping pong / pool shenanigans

*11:00PM – TBD, potential night run on the dragon or skyway depending on what happens on Friday.

Sunday 9/21:
8:00AM - Breakfast at Mountview Restaurant (optional)

Looking good!
Thanks for ur hard work Jason

A few years back one of the guys that attended had his cousin make some 'apple pie' (not sure what was in it) but that **** was awesome! Smooth :) :excited:
You can buy that off the shelf in any good liquor store. Made like moonshine (small stills, small distillery) with added apples and the spices you'd use if you made an apple pie.

With the itinerary, the things I may change come game day will be the route we take on Saturday to and from Helen, GA. That will largely depend on what everyone as a majority would wanna do. I think we're meeting a few people there in additon to ETF and Jill.

I am doing a night time skyway run either Friday or Saturday, whatever day has the best looking weather, but I would prefer Friday. If Thursday is a crystal clear night with chance of clouds on Friday I'm running up on Thursday, I'll need at least one volunteer with a camera to ride along.

When I cook out at the cabin, I'm keeping it mostly to grill stuff, with fried brussel sprouts and a stir fry of some sort in the kitchen. That's really going to be it, would rather keep the food selections simple unless anyone has suggestions.

ewww brussel sprouts! :barf:

:giggle:

You big candyasses, if you eat them the way I make them (pan fried in olive oil w/ a bit of soy sauce) you'll change your mind. 5 months ago I hated sprouts, then I ate them this way and it changed my mind. They still taste like **** if they're steamed or boiled though.

I"ll have hotdogs and burgers on hand again for all the plebs...

Back