9thcivic Tail Of The Dragon meet: Information & Itinerary (finally!)

posted into the 1st post for you...

prize stuff happening sat night? Trophies etc - I see you have the pool thing happening at 9pm on sat night? I know in past years they've done the tournaments at the same time? It's totally up to you how that's done though.

You should be there... :( :cries:

I might do the trophies / raffle prizes after the dinner, theres only roughly 30 of us so it shouldnt be too long.

I might do the trophies / raffle prizes after the dinner, theres only roughly 30 of us so it shouldnt be too long.
but you have the ping pong tournament setup for 9pm sat... meaning you couldn't give the trophy out. Or dinner is late?

I am almost finished typing up the final itinerary, I have added a voting time for the cars, and the raffle drawings. We're gonna have a group photo at the Fontana Dam as well. I may add a basic map outlining the area, however we're not really going on a huge group drive on Saturday. In case some want to stick to tradition and go the same route, I'll print it out and we can do that as a Saturday event.

I don't know the route of the friday drive so I can't print it out, it's all in ETF's head :giggle:

The itinerary sheets are printing now, I'll let you know that I've changed a few little things around, nothing major but you'll see.

Wednesday 9/12:
8:00PM - Depart Fontana for a drive (tentative depending on our moods) or hang out at the lodge.
Thursday 9/13:

7:00 AM – 5:00PM – All day crusing the dragon / rt28 / skyway / or where ever you desire to go.
5:00PM - Dinner at the Wildwood Grill at Fontana Lodge.
7:00PM - Depart Fontana for a spirited drive.
9:00PM - Small get-together / meet & greet at the Bear's Den Lounge at Fontana (don't have too much if you're going on the Friday drive!).
Friday 9/14:
10:00AM - Depart Fontana for a several hour drive covering the backroads of north Georgia and maybe South Carolina. Led by ETF. ETF will provide a map of the route. If you're not up to it then for most of the day you can participate in several activities around Fontana (jet skis) or just cruise the dragon all day.
5-6:00PM - I predict we'll be back from the drive around this time, so we'll probably eat somewhere at Fontana, maybe ice cream, nothing is mandatory but just refuel and relax for a while.

:00PM - Hang out and relax at either the lodge or someone's cabin. Or go for a spirited drive.
9:00PM - Ping Pong Tournament, located in the game room; the trophy will be awarded after the tournament is over.

11:00PM – TBD, see me for details if you're feeling confident.
Saturday 9/15:
8:30AM – The exhaust video. Meet at the small parking lot outside the Wildwood grill. I will start ferrying people up to the start spot at 9:00AM.
11:00AM - Usually we would do the big loop this day but it's not mandatory. I may run down to Robbinsville and run the Skyway once from east to west and then backagain to Fontana. This is pretty much open for anyone to drive anywhere or do something else in the area (sightsee, jet skis, etc.).

5:00PM – Group photos with all of the cars and attendees at Fontana Dam. Voting for the vehicles will be held at this time as well.
6:00PM - Evening dinner outside the Wildwood Grill, the main menu items are Beef brisket, ribs, corn on the cobb, potato salad, coleslaw, cornbread, and apple cobbler. Winners for favorite vehicle, longest distance, best use of patinter's tape, and death_roll's choice will be announced. The raffle will be held at this time as well.
8:00PM - Depart Fontana for a spirited drive, for those who choose not to can hang out at the lodge or someone's cabin.
9:00PM - Pool tournament, located in the game room; the trophy will be awarded after the tournament is over.

Back