A different 9th gen....2013 Accord

morimoto brands the ballasts bulbs and i think even relays on the harnesses for the stuff TRS sells

what is this about ^^ ??

morimoto brands the ballasts bulbs and i think even relays on the harnesses for the stuff TRS sells

:yeahthat: Currently the car uses H11 halogen bulbs and I need D2S bulbs. So I bought the HID kit not a whole retro kit that includes projectors.

thanks for taking the pics. You werent kidding about how big those led reflectors were, that would obscure a significant part of the beam from a projector in a civic housing.

Learn how to mold plastic and chrome it so you can make your own.....:giggle:

I'm back on track... I took that as you were buying their projectors, and had some other thing for the tsx's.

Learn how to mold plastic and chrome it so you can make your own.....:giggle:

there were some guys who experimented with doing stuff like that, vacu-chroming or whatever the process is on plastic is really expensive and hard to find places that do it, but i remember someone 3d printed out a faceted reflector design like the stock ones out of ABS plastic, got it smoothed out and painted gloss white and it was really effective

Last edited:
The molding is pretty cool but the all black isn't doing it for me.

He shows how one was chromed, but yeah. That was more towards your comment at ethlar on molding plastic.

^^^^^ this is reason 1-500 why I don't ever feel the need for changing my headlights... Way out of my league,were talking boards,heat sinks,taking lenses apart,reflectors etc.... Hell no I say! The silver stars will be just fine.

^^^^^ this is reason 1-500 why I don't ever feel the need for changing my headlights... Way out of my league,were talking boards,heat sinks,taking lenses apart,reflectors etc.... Hell no I say! The silver stars will be just fine.

the boards and heat sinks are just my doing cause of the leds, normal people who do retros just have to worry about projectors lenses and taking apart a headlight which isnt nearly as bad as people think

I do admire those of you that do have the skill to do such things though,just not for me.

if you can open up the headlight then you can retro. It is not as hard as you think.

Got the HID kit and the clear lens.....quality looking stuff. Shipped super quick since I changed the order up late Thursday and shipped Friday and on my doorstep yesterday.

Checked the contents and put it away.....new iPhone5 distracted me last night, lol.

Can i replace that with a white bulb?

Yes, you can buy some LED bulbs that are "white".

Check out Driveaccrd.net..........there are a few people the even tell youcertain vendors to buy the bulbs from. I don't know much on them since I am replacing the entire headlight.

Yeah i saw some posts on driveaccord but the led bar costs like $150

Yeah but it is for both sides and really easy to install on the sedans. I am spending ~$500 on headlights to get the OEM LED DRL, lol

Reactions: Nix
Back