A Good Reason For P2R TBS

hotdogjohnny

USA
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
I was convinced not to buy one of these because of their minimal gains, but I bought one used along with a lightly used flashpro. I installed the tbs but no flashpro. On a stock 2012 Si (but with a K&N SRI), I noticed an immediate difference in partial throttle. The Si has an annoying "lash" when you try to drive it slowly with minimal pedal, apparently because of the throttle by wire.

In my opinion, the tbs smoothed that out incredibly well . . . don't know why, but it did. I can drive in town without gassing, then coasting to avoid the jerkiness.

I see no other improvement from the tbs, it does make a whine that you may like or hate at some points, but to me, losing that jerkiness was worth the price, even if I'd paid full price new.

Has anyone else had a similar experience with these spacers?

Oddly, I was just thinking about this jerkiness and how annoying it was on the way to work this morning. I would definitely like to know if anyone else has installed one and whether or not they think it smooths out the jerkiness.

Thank you for the insight colint

Interesting to hear. Thanks for the thread on this

Interesting to hear. Thanks for the thread on this

I'd like to think that others might find an improvement, but it's not a cheap way to find out, if it does not help them.

Back