Acuity Instruments short shifter now available!!!!

OK so I got it installed. I spent some time with it before the install just getting to know the settings and examining the construction. First I want to say that the construction is incredible and totally unique to Acuity. Being a pilot and former aircraft mechanic, I am very familiar with aerospace engineering and this piece has that written all over it. Very much a MILSPEC feel with the labeling and way of adjustment. Installation was easy, very standard for any shifter removal and replacement. The shifter aligns and fits perfectly with no fitment issues at all.

Initial thoughts after install:

I haven't driven the car yet as my infant daughter is still sleeping (installed it after I put her down for a nap) but I spent 30 minutes shifting and adjusting to feel the range of adjustability. This shifter assembly allows you to adjust gate (how close the gears are side to side), throw (how close the shifting is forward and back), lever height and lever rotation. Gate is something no other shifter offers for the 9th gen so that is a really cool aspect of the shifter (among many other cool aspects). Throw can be adjusted real short, I had the CT Engineering adaptor on before this and I adjusted throw to be slightly less than that throw, probably closer to the throw of the Buddy Club SS. Gate I adjusted to an estimated 15% shorter than stock, I didn't want to go too close to start without being used to the shifter. The closer you adjust gate the harder it will be able to tell what gear you are in so the changes of misshift might increase if you narrow the gate too much. Lever height and rotation are my favorite aspects of the shifter aside from the functionality of actually shortening the throw because you can position the knob to your liking. I have several different shift knobs from ball type, to longer types and to adjust the height lever to properly position it is huge for me.

Everything feels really tight and well engineered, shifting feels natural, very precise with zero slop. I look forward to driving the car and really getting a feel.

i1cit5.jpg

2ljp72p.jpg

143q6pw.jpg

nprgb8.jpg

rsaa2h.jpg

213rznm.jpg

I noticed this piece on their website and was wondering about the impressions people had. While I don't see myself spending this type of money when I am content with the CT adapter, I really appreciate your insight and presentation of the shifter assembly because it brings comfort knowing that future examples of Acuity's quality will be a worthwhile upgrade to enhance the overall feel of my driving experience. Again, thanks!

Back