Acura ILX Changes Coming Due To Slow Sales

I agree with you that RWD is more expensive. I disagree with the winter considerations though :)

I find RWD actually gives you better control in winter but more driver skill is required since heavy foot driving can result in undesired fishtailing. Before the Japanese/Korean invasion though a lot of cars in NA were RWD Northern US and Canada as well. The RWD not safe for winter I find it to be a modern misconception no offense intended.

I owned an 8th gen civic whic was obviously fwd. now my daily driver is a 2013 bmw 3 series which is rwd and I can tell you the honda was much better in snow, especially on hills :)

I agree though that there are a lot of factors to be reckoned with. How wide/narrow the tyres are, how good they are, how heavy the front/rear of the car is, ...

I would like to see a rwd electric motor and a fwd internal combustion engine in Hondas which gives u a "4x4"

I drove in the Citroen ds5 hybrid and also a Peugeot 3008 hybrid which has the samy hybrid system and apart from the automatic I can only prize them

I owned an 8th gen civic whic was obviously fwd. now my daily driver is a 2013 bmw 3 series which is rwd and I can tell you the honda was much better in snow, especially on hills :)

I agree though that there are a lot of factors to be reckoned with. How wide/narrow the tyres are, how good they are, how heavy the front/rear of the car is, ...

Absolutely, different tires are needed for RWD with more grip, hills can be a handful but each drive type has its advantages and disadvantages. People put sandbags in the back as well for that.

the accord is a front wheel drive car.

webby: Absolutely! The "topic" of the conversation in the last posts was the rear wheel drive ILX, Civic and Accord - the good / the bad :)

i really wish acura and honda would start using more rwd in there sedans like the accord.
I was referring to this post. I've seen a few posts in various threads lately claiming the accord was rwd. I was just trying to clarify

unless that was a "wish"... that they'd put rwd in the accord, and I read their post wrong.

webby: I understand this post as: he wishes they put rwd in more sedans like accord (accord, passat, camry, ... - medium sized cars)

You are also right. If I read the post more times it can be read also as the author thinks accord is rwd.

I am really curious. Is there anybody who drove all of them? I mean the 2012 ciivic, the 2013 civic and the Acura ILX? I am really curious for the comparison of the quietness of the ride between these three cars

I am really curious. Is there anybody who drove all of them? I mean the 2012 ciivic, the 2013 civic and the Acura ILX? I am really curious for the comparison of the quietness of the ride between these three cars

I've done the 2012 Si and the 2013 ILX (2.4L). Haven't seen the '13 Si yet.

The ILX had less noise in the cabin. But wind the K24 and it still gets noisy. If I remember right, the ILX had the same shoes as the Si. Didn't take the ILX on the freeway, but I'd imagine it's quieter, but it's not silent like other luxury or entry-luxury cars.

Back