Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
Acura ILX Concept Unveiling Detroit Auto Show

FY12_FV_ILX_HERO_01.jpg

FY12_FV_ILX_HERO_02.jpg

FY12_FV_ILX_HERO_03.jpg

FY12_FV_ILX_HERO_04.jpg

Acura described this vehicle as the entry level vehicle for them. It was targeted towards empty nesters and generation Y customers who appreciate style and design. The Acura ILX is going on sale this spring. No pricing information was released, but they said it would be well below 30k dollars.

So this will be the replacement of the CSX? It seems like it will share the same engine/trans as the current Si's.

• Staff
There were earlier reports that rl, tl, & tsx model sizes were too close to one another, and they were cannibalizing each others sales. It was thought that this smaller ILX would be brought on, and one of the other models chopped from the lineup. They made no mention of that in the presentation.

Orly? I thought this would of replaced the TSX.

Def like the car...

Sounds like a CSX type for you American folks. Probably us too. They were supposed to stop producing the csx in 08 or 09

sounds like the 2 liter is going to be the base model. and the 2.4 will be the type s. honestly it sounds like a 4 door rsx replacement or a luxury civic.

Anyone have any clues on a date when this might be out on the streets?

Guess I should of googled that before asking.....Coming out in the Spring for under $30K. Better be Mid 20s to be the Civic equivilant since the TSX is right around 30k.

all they said was "launch in spring 2012".. April? They didn't say a month. An Acura dealership may be able to see build dates since we're a couple of months away most likely.

2013_acura_ilx_interior_spy_photo_photo_439105_s_787x481.jpg

"Acura is less than two weeks away from revealing its production-ready ILX compact sedan at the Chicago auto show"

car and driver captured 1 image of the interior on a test mule.

yeah.. here is the tsx dash for comparison

2011_acura_TSX_dash_view.jpg

I like this car more and more but I know I won't be able to afford it. :(

How do you feel about 1st gen tsx's?

Looks pretty nice inside, though I think I like the TSX interior a tad better. The center stack on the IXL pic looks odd and poorly spaced by the hazard button. I think they should shift things around so that you don't have that empty flat plastic looking area.

Just my $.02

Back