Acura ILX Concept Unveiling Detroit Auto Show

View: http://youtu.be/UMG3b1YTnAE

The 2013 Acura ILX is a brand new entry level Acura that is built on the Honda Civic platform. The new ILX will come in three flavors including 2.0 liter model, a 1.5 Liter Hybrid and a faster 2.4 Liter ILX that shares the engine from the Acura TSX. Acura is hoping that the new ILX will appeal to young urban singles and couples who want an entry level luxury sedan. So the obvious question is has Acura just rebadged the Honda Civic or is the Acura ILX the successor to the old Acura Integra? Check out this video to find out.

18058.jpg

Watched that "review". Glad I didn't wait.

Pricing might be a bit high? 27k for the 1.8 and 30k for the 2.0 and Hybrid.

So the 2.4 is going to be the same price as a base TSX? Why not just get the TSX then? I also dislike that they have decided to hide the exhaust, especially on the sporty 2.4 version....why they chose to do so is beyond me!?! I love the looks of the dual tips out back!

Hey Webby. I checked out a bunch of cars at the auto show and I really liked the '12 TSX SE with the 6spd. I have my '08 for sale now and hope it sells soon as a local deal has the exact car I want coming in next week. :)

Hey Webby. I checked out a bunch of cars at the auto show and I really liked the '12 TSX SE with the 6spd. I have my '08 for sale now and hope it sells soon as a local deal has the exact car I want coming in next week. :)

what color/model are you wanting?

what color/model are you wanting?

TSX Special Edition w/6spd in Bellanova White Pearl. :)

I don't like that they got larger in '09 but I do like the look and love the interior. I was set on a new WRX but just can't get past the cheap interior...

so you test drove a new (newer) wrx? What's you think of how it drove - minus the interior complaints

so you test drove a new (newer) wrx? What's you think of how it drove - minus the interior complaints

No. I didn't drive it, just sat in it and check out all the controls and materials...that was enough for me though. Dealer I called said no test drive until it warmed up (summer tires).

going from your current interior to the wrx, I can see how it doesn't quite meet expectations. One is more luxury oriented, while the other is more performance oriented.

the ilx keeps growing on me, however i would want it with navi and the 2.4 and if the tsx is any indication that wont be available

the 2.4l in the ILX is the top sized engine offering. So, while the TSX has a v6 option with nav, the ILX doesn't offer that. I would say the 2.4 will have the option for nav.​

i was more going for i want a car thats stick and can get navi on it, hondas taken that ability away on everything except the 6spd accord coupe, cant do it on the tsx either

ah, adding manual in the equation. Well, we will know very soon

i was more going for i want a car thats stick and can get navi on it, hondas taken that ability away on everything except the 6spd accord coupe, cant do it on the tsx either

The standard engine is a 2.0-liter four-cylinder, making 150 hp and 140 lb-ft of torque (as distinct from the Civic’s 140-hp, 1.8-liter SOHC four). The go-fast choice is a 2.4-liter DOHC 16-valve four—shared with the Acura TSX and Civic Si—which puts out 201 hp at 7000 rpm and 170 lb-ft at 4300 rpm. EPA numbers for the basic ILX 2.0, which is limited to a five-speed automatic transmission, are 24/32 mpg, while the ILX 2.4, paired only with a six-speed manual, is rated for 20/29.
====

now it's just a matter of them saying what models can get the technology package

Back