Acura ILX Concept Unveiling Detroit Auto Show

If they only offer a 6spd for the 2.4 then they will have to toss the Navi in there on some of them. Prob will make the car close to 33-35k.

car and driver reported the 2.4 was only available as a manual. I would expect a tech package. I wonder if he couldn't show the interior of the 2.4 due to the embargo on information? That would make sense. Until Acura releases the package options, he probably couldn't show it having navigation or whatever?

Theres hope yet!

i was also looking at the engine bay pictures, the 2.0 is definitely a r series engine. Makes me think theres potential for some parts swapping to get more displacement and NA power out of r18 equipped civics

2013-acura-ILX-2.0L-engine.jpg

Judging by the Si style sport pedals and 6spd knob this must be the 2.4 interior

2013-Acura-ILX-2.4L-cockpit.jpg

Judging by the Si style sport pedals and 6spd knob this must be the 2.4 interior

That's definitely the 2.4l....the red gauges give it away too.

I'm curious to see what Acura is really doing here. Now we have the RL going buh bye and it's replacing/renamed with the RLX. They have also secured the name TLX so it seems as if the IXL is going to be the new TSX, and all the others move up in class and price, making room for 4 models, if they do keep 4 that is.

So the local dealer that had a '12 TSX SE in BWP coming in this week apparently traded off it to some other dealer over the weekend...not sure what I want to do now. :(

an early spy shot

2013_acura_ilx_interior_spy_photo_photo_439105_s_520x318.jpg

automatic

2013_Acura_ILX_007.jpg

then back to the silver pedals, but no nav
2013_Acura_ILX_interior_view_1024x640.jpg

So the local dealer that had a '12 TSX SE in BWP coming in this week apparently traded off it to some other dealer over the weekend...not sure what I want to do now. :(

Wait for another one!!!! How can you say no to this int! :giggle: A black headliner and black pillars is one of those querky things I love about my BMW int and the TSX looks to have it also.

2012-Acura-TSX-SE-interior-1024x640.jpg

Srsly Acura.....did you have to make the radio 2 foot tall? You should of squeezed the radio down similat to the TSX so you don't have a huge hump on the top of the dash for the Navi screen. :pat:

I would imagine that is mostly for blocking sun.

having it recessed like that avoids glare/washout on the screen when sunlight hits it

they probably also did it cause bmw did it with the idrive screens for a while

Wait for another one!!!! How can you say no to this int! :giggle: A black headliner and black pillars is one of those querky things I love about my BMW int and the TSX looks to have it also.

I know, the interior is what gets me on the car. The outside is nothign special but I don't hate it.

I only found two other ones nation wide in the BWP and I'm not looking to pay $700-1000 to ship the car here. Local dealer told me they can't order anymore of the SE manuals either...not sure I buy that but w/e. I have mine listed for sale now so that I'm ready to buy when one comes along. Had I had it sold already I wouldn't have missed out on the last one. :(

Interesting direction honda is going with the ILX

No. I didn't drive it, just sat in it and check out all the controls and materials...that was enough for me though. Dealer I called said no test drive until it warmed up (summer tires).
They dont let you test drive on summer tires when its cold WTF is up with that do they think your going to Autox around the automall? i guess being in california i dont understand lol..My friend is looking at getting a gtr and having a hell of a time finding a dealer to let him test drive one but he refuses to buy unless he can.. I have told him he is fing crazy lol.
Not missing much on the wrx i absolutely hate what subaru has done with the impreza and legacy since '08 but i do have love for the 2.5 boxer and still respect those who like it but not for me right now

he lives in minnesota where winter can be serious business. -50 windchill isn't unheard of.

what do you hate about the 2011+ wrx's? Seems like most magazines praise the upgrades/changes made

ugly as hell like i said i love the 2.5 boxer and awd system but i am not alone almost all of my subie frends whom i have known since 04 dislike the direction subaru went after '08 interior and exterior kind of like 8th gen Si owners dislike the 9th lol i get it because i feel the same about subaru.

you liked the blue seats and stuff?

I would imagine that is mostly for blocking sun.

having it recessed like that avoids glare/washout on the screen when sunlight hits it

Just saying they could of pushed everything down about 2-3 inches...maybe a little more

Interesting direction honda is going with the ILX

They dont let you test drive on summer tires when its cold WTF is up with that do they think your going to Autox around the automall? i guess being in california i dont understand lol..My friend is looking at getting a gtr and having a hell of a time finding a dealer to let him test drive one but he refuses to buy unless he can.. I have told him he is fing crazy lol.
Not missing much on the wrx i absolutely hate what subaru has done with the impreza and legacy since '08 but i do have love for the 2.5 boxer and still respect those who like it but not for me right now

Yeah, while I thought it was pretty lame myself, summer tires can be dangerous in colder temps...heck, look at what happened to that poor guy who won the Lambo and crashed it just a few hours later. Summer tire compound + power + cold temps = little traction.

I actually love the exterior look on the current model, and don't mind the look of the interior, just wish they had some better materials.

Back