Acura ILX Concept Unveiling Detroit Auto Show

you liked the blue seats and stuff?
Hell yeah blue suede shoes I actually dig the blue carpet and seats in the STI especially in the white and
subie blue.To each his own though If you like the exterior and interior styling of the '08 more power to you i don't hate lol Just not for me. When i bought the '07 my plan was to buy a Legacy GT or spec B(assuming it was still produced) around this time but they totally screwed the pooch on that redesign also. Again just my personal opinion
Yeah, while I thought it was pretty lame myself, summer tires can be dangerous in colder temps...heck, look at what happened to that poor guy who won the Lambo and crashed it just a few hours later. Summer tire compound + power + cold temps = little traction.
Knowledge that a gas pedal is not an on off switch and common sense would alleviate that lol but the dealer has to assume all people are idiots.

The ILX actually didn't look too bad in person.

ll ILXs get the same basic suspension calibration, which we think might be too soft for the 2.4L model and its high-revving engine. (Along with this caveat comes another: The ILX 2.4L is the only one of the ILX models that can't be equipped with a navigation system, though you can at least have a Premium package with HID headlights.)
http://www.insideline.com/acura/ilx/2013/2013-acura-ilx-first-drive.html

vader-nooooo.jpg

Is it so much to ask to get premium options on a sport model with stick

And if you want something completely different, there's the 2013 ILX 2.4L ($30,095). Acura expects just 5 percent of you to go for this model, the main reason being you can get it only with a six-speed manual gearbox.

I was reading your quote - thinking you were more upset about the non-manual thing. I wasn't thinking you were talking about manual and navi. That was my bad.

Look at the current civic. 2012 Civic EX with navi - only available in the automatic. 2012 Civic EX-L with navi - only available with automatic.

apparently manufacturers have decided if you want a car in stick you must want it to save money so why would anyone want the combo of premium options and stick

^^ one dealership acted as if they never had requests for a stick with navi when I talked to them about that. Acted like I was crazy. He literally asked me why I would want a stick shift car to begin with. Said they barely sold them, and that everyone was buying autos

if theyre worried about building cars that will never sell im sure most people who are interested in buying a car in that configuration would be willing to wait for a factory build to get it

So the Civic Si with navigation is a bit of a unique quandary. It's where poor meets wealthy, minus luxury.
Soo glad I didn't wait.

indeed... they put it into the Si, but it's not luxury enough to qualify I guess. Current fit sport is only available in auto with navigation, but they previously built a manual sport with nav. 4 cyl accord coupe with nav - only auto, but if you go v6 accord coupe with nav, you can get it in stick.

VW does it too, with the exception of the TDI Jetta, stick is only available on the base trims of their cars

Honda Starts Production of the Acura ILX

honda-starts-production-of-the-acura-ilx-44409-7.jpg

Honda officially kicked off the production this week of the all-new Acura ILX at its production facility in Greensburg Indiana.

The entry-level car gets its power from Honda’s familiar 2.0-liter 150 hp V-Tec which is mated to a 5-speed Sequential Sport-Shift automatic gearbox, enabling the car to achieve 24 mpg (9.8 l/100km) for city driving and 28 mpg (7.35 l/100km) for highway driving. Other engine options include a 201 hp 2.4-liter engine which is mated to a close ratio six-speed manual transmission, and a hybrid system.

The pick of the range is the hybrid version. It features Honda’s 1.5-liter engine which is helped along by a small 20 hp electric motor. Its maximum power output of 111-hp is achieved at 5.500 rpm, while its maximum pulling power of 127 lb-ft (172 Nm) arrives at a leisurely 1000 rpm, being maintained all the way to 3000 rpm. This wide spread of torque low down in the rev range is one of the many benefits of having an electric motor, which can deliver maximum torque from 0 rpm, to boost your conventional engine’s performance and economy at the same time. Equipped with the hybrid system, the car is capable of returning 35 mpg (6.72 l/100km) in town and 38 mpg (6.2 l/100km) on the highway.

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/honda-starts-production-of-the-acura-ilx-44409.html

the lack of a stick and navi combo kinda kills it for me, but id still go drive a 2.0 to see what its like

Back