Admin
Toys For Tots
Acura RDX Prototype Unveiled Detroit Auto Show

FY12_FV_RDX_HERO_01.jpg

FY12_FV_RDX_HERO_02.jpg

FY12_FV_RDX_HERO_03.jpg

FY12_FV_RDX_HERO_04.jpg

FY12_FV_RDX_HERO_05.jpg

They are no longer going with the turbo 4 cylinder. They are making the next RDX with a 3.5 liter v6. They did not announce pricing, but said it would be very close to the current RDX pricing structure.

===

Horsepower will jump from 240 to 273, and despite the addition of two more cylinders to feed, fuel economy will also increase significantly. The best the current RDX can muster is an EPA-rated 19 miles per gallon in the city and 24 highway, while the V6-powered 2013 model is projected to achieve 20 city and 28 highway. Aiding that new-found efficiency is a six-speed automatic transmission (one more gear than before) with a lock-up torque converter.

The design of the RDX has also matured, and now appears more in line with the rest of the Acura lineup, particularly its big brother, the MDX. Its wheelbase is longer and track wider, which suggests a more relaxed, luxurious ride, and Acura will fit the new RDX with what it calls Amplitude Reactive Dampers to keep the handling appropriately tuned to its level of hustle at any given time.

Larger, more powerful and offering increased efficiency, the 2013 Acura RDX is clearly transitioning from a quirky high-performance compact crossover to a more mainstream product with enough luxury and technology to compete for more sales in the crowded entry-level luxury crossover market.

I like it.

It looks more elegant than the previous generations. The V6 is also a better choice for fuel economy, but then again the turbo engine did give the older RDX a sportier drive.

I thought this was the MDX until I read the description below the pic. Don't like this one or the horrible grill on the current Gen. one. First Gen. was def the best.

The 2nd gen grille was just plain ugly and the 1st gen grille was okay (not bad, not the best). I think the grille on the 3rd gen RDX flows really well and doesn't look too overdone.

Back