Add back up came to navigation headunit?

Jonathon Ramirez

Hey all I just made the change from Accord to Civic and purchased a 2012 Civic EXL with navigation. Super excited for the car and love the options but the headunit does not have a back up cam which I find really odd. Does anyone know of a way I can purchase a cam and set it up to work with the factory unit?

Any and all help is appreciated and I look forward to be apart of this great community!

is the backup not working in the i-MID?
The car doesn't have a back up cam currently installed. This was quite a surprise to me when I drove the car. I've seen tutorials of how to install one to the I-mid screen but all the tutorials say for non navigation models. My brother has an 09 civic si and his navigation displays the cam on the nav screen. It appears we have the same headunit so i would think there is a way to hook a cam up on mine. I'm not opposed to using the I-mid screen if that's my best option.

My bad,...for some reason I thought you said you had a 2013, not a 2012. I don't have advice on doing it to the head unit on the 2012's. I've just seen the users install it to the i-MID in the diy forum.

I'm perfectly fine running it to the I-Mid screen but the tutorial says for non nav models. Would it work for nav models?

From what I have seen, the imid is functional for all 2012 models when a backup camera is hooked up, even if you have factory Navigation. I have yet to see someone get the Navigation unit to display a back up camera in the 2012.

Back