DIY ADExternal's 2012 Honda Civic Reverse Backup Camera DIY

for the RCA cable that came with the red wires on both ends... can't you use that wire as the wire to deliver the reverse-signal, instead of cutting it and running a separate pair up the car?

Seems it would be neater being tucked away within the RCA cable.
Thanks.

which pair of pins would be better to use. These two came with the kit you suggested ADEXternal :

IMG_0379.JPG

so i have everything set up and routed but i have a question for you guys. Where did you guys drill to feed the camera? From the looks of it, i'd have to make a hole on the trunk door and on the trunk garnish piece.

It should be a replacement for your plate light housing so it feeds through there. If youre keeping the oem plate lights then youre gonna have to drill another hold to run the camera wire.

do you have a link to the replacement? maybe i should of bought something other than this one then..

$_1.JPG

so i have everything set up and routed but i have a question for you guys. Where did you guys drill to feed the camera? From the looks of it, i'd have to make a hole on the trunk door and on the trunk garnish piece.
Did you see the pictures I posted on the previous page of where I Dremmelled the garnish to get mine to fit?

i think i'm just going to do this..

2013-honda-civic-ex-l-coupe-backup-camera.JPG

what do you guys think? i know it's not exactly centered.

Hi ADExternal,

I am new to this thread and wondering will this DIY works on the 2014 Civic Sedan LX Canadian Version. The 2014 Civic Canadian Version LX does not come standard with a backup camera like the US model. I am a little afraid the 32 Pin Connector for the I-MID might be different. Any thoughts? The DIY looks straight forward and am willing to try it out.

Hi ADExternal,

I am new to this thread and wondering will this DIY works on the 2014 Civic Sedan LX Canadian Version. The 2014 Civic Canadian Version LX does not come standard with a backup camera like the US model. I am a little afraid the 32 Pin Connector for the I-MID might be different. Any thoughts? The DIY looks straight forward and am willing to try it out.

My best advice in your situation is to take your dash off and check the iMid first. Having the wire colors and pins location match the one in the picture. Then we can figure from there.

2014 Civic Sedan LX US wiring harness PN 32117-TR3-A30. The equivalent Canadian PN is 32117-TR3-C80. Now a little nervous taking the dash apart.

Canadian i-mid display PN is 78260-TR3-C02. USA i-mid display is PN 78260-TR3-A02. The only difference in PN is the C and A. Guessing C for Canadian and A for USA.

Please post if anyone in Canada doing this DIY.

Canadian 2012 LX (backup camera/temp gauge mod):
I did this modification 2 wks ago, and I can confirm that the i-MID display part number is: 78260-TR3-C12 for the Canadian cars.
When I did the Temp gauge Mod, regardless of changing to mph, the i-MID display ONLY showed °C and not °F. This tells me that the i-MIDs have firmware specific settings and these will differ from USA/Canada/Europe.

Hi nikey22,

So did you do the backup camera mod on your Canadian 2012 LX? If so, Are the PINs 14, 18, 19 on the 32 PIN connector correspond fine on your car?

Thanks,

Dave

Back