DIY ADExternal's 2012 Honda Civic Reverse Backup Camera DIY

The DIY itself has a lot of info, I'm not surprised if things get miss read. Good luck and post any time you need help. Handful of others that have don't this mode to their sedans as well.

Hey, I just install the backup camera with cousin. And it's not working when putting into reverse. We try everything we can think of. We check the wires where the imid display goes. Made sure it's tight in. Check the reverse lights and license plate lights. I'm able to access that secret
icon1.png
mode whatever they call it with the menu and select button. When I select camera, it show the grid lines but everything else is pitch black. Never try that before the install. Anyone have any clue what may be the problem. I'm sure we did everything correctly. And does it void the warranty?

I will guess it is the connections into the Imid plug. I had a lot of difficulty getting my camera to work too, and I am not the only one. The metal pins must be very deep to have contact. It seemed like they were far enough when I put them, but they needed to go farther. I remember being very worried to push the pins in too deep because they were so tight and I was worried I would never get them out. I don't know if there is a smaller pin that could be used to get the pin in as far as possible to ensure contact. Once I got contact the camera lit up. I remember it was a feeling a great relief. I spent at least two hours trying to insert those pins.

Thanks man for the response. And good thing the its friday tmr, so I'll have more time. I tried like 10 times with those pins and they feel like they're deep enough but nothing. Check the back and nothing but I'm really glad that you reply back. I thought everyone left the thread or something lol. You gave me hope to keep trying now. I was really about to give up on it cause I never really did any wiring work so I wasn't sure if I was doing it right but really man thanks a lot. I really appreciate the response

No problem. Me too I felt like giving up. It's all worth it in the end. Once you get contact your camera is going to light up.

Using a tiny flat screwdriver is most effective but you can also use a safety pin as well. You can gauge how far the pin should go in placing it on top parallel with the hole direction.

Ok so the pins are push back and still nothing. Sorry for the bad shot. Off my tablet and i needed light

Attachments

• 20141010_192547.jpg
    20141010_192547.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 58
not sure if you got this working yet. but i noticed i had pins that were too big. I opted for some old pins from an old computer case and they were much smaller. They fit perfectly. I also took some needle nose and squeezed the metal part of the pins a bit to get the circumference a bit smaller.

Back