Advice Needed: Purchasing a Used 2012 Si

spdandpwr

NY / CT
Hey guys,

I've been trying to source a Polished Metallic Grey Si and came across a used one that is very close to me. The car only has about 6k miles so I'm thinking that it's new enough not to be damaged. Considering that it's going for 2k less than pre-delivery MSRP, I think that this car is a really solid deal. Plus, I think it gets a better warranty than a new Si since it is CPO. Anyway, I'm wondering why this car is priced so low. A CPO vehicle like this should be hovering much closer to MSRP, shouldn't it? Anyway, besides the tacky (I'll have to see it in person) carbon fiber trim, is there any reason for me not to bother with this car. I kinda wanted a GPS too.

Thanks, 9th!

"certified" gives you the normal 3yr/36k warranty on everything plus a 7yr/100k warranty on the powertrain. I'd say that's a great find for 2k under msrp with the added warranty factor.

Maybe they person got over their head with the payments and need to unload it.....

I would tell them you want to pay $500 less than their asking and to take the AWFULL looking fake CF stuff.

Ask for a carfax.
carfax.jpg

"certified" gives you the normal 3yr/36k warranty on everything plus a 7yr/100k warranty on the powertrain. I'd say that's a great find for 2k under msrp with the added warranty factor.
you also get an extra 12mo/12k miles on top of the 3yr/36k mile new car warranty.

Ask for a carfax.
carfax.jpg
all Honda dealers are required to run title inspections on certified cars. anything that's been in a major accident (frame, suspension, or any other damage that's more than cosmetic) or doesn't have clean title can't be certified.

Maybe they person got over their head with the payments and need to unload it.....

I would tell them you want to pay $500 less than their asking and to take the AWFULL looking fake CF stuff.
just like new cars, the certified car prices are negotiable. depending on the dealer, you might be able to get more than $500 off...

Gota think about interest rates on new cars versus used cars. My four cents

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

Gota think about interest rates on new cars versus used cars. My four cents

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk
yea that's a good point. Certified Hondas still count as used cars to the bank and Honda rarely runs promotional rates on used cars. It might be a good deal of you're paying cash, but if you're paying typical used car rates (5-6% for 60mos) to finance, the monthly payment won't be a whole lot less than a paying $2,000 more for a new Si with promotional interest rates (at 0.9% for 36mos, 1.9% for 60mos).

^you're absolutely right...for that reason, I may as well bargain my way down on a gps equipped car versus this one. I already got screwed over when I switch my mdx to a finance.

Also I'd be weary that car may have had some problems. Only a few reasons someone would trade in a brand new car, payments are too high, didn't like the car, or some mechanical issues. Check the threads on Si oil consumption, if it is an Si you are looking at.

But the intrest rate is probably the decider. See what it would be on a new car before you sign anything.

Back