bootyluvr

Supporting Member
VIP Member
Toys For Tots
Baltimore, MD
Vehicle Model
2015 Honda Accord EX-L V6
Hello Everyone,

Don't know where to post this since I am not interested in purchasing a 9th Civic but looking at previous years. (Webby please move if needed)

I'm looking for a daily driver/beater car for work. I guess it doesn't "have" to be a Civic but I feel comfortable with purchasing one. (I guess you could recommend me other choices)

I have basic requirements:

- Sedan or Coupe (no real preference at this time)
- Automatic
- Low(er) mileage (I know Honda's can run almost forever but I will be racking up the miles so I don't want it to be super high already)
- LX/EX (Model/Trim doesn't matter)

I know these requirements are really generic/basic but like I said I'm not picky on most of the things. I just want a car that I can trust driving to work since I am driving from site to site now.

I WILL be keeping the Subaru especially since she is paid off.

What price range should I be looking at for say an 8th Gen Civic LX or EX, Coupe or Sedan with low(er) miles?? I've been looking on KBB.com and other sites on pricing and then on Cars.com and other sites looking for used cars..

** I've never owned a Civic before even though I've been on multiple Civic forums so that's why I'm asking for advice. :hiding: **

Thanks

what do you consider low(er) miles? Budget?

autotrader:
06 LX with 117k miles - asking 7,9XX
09's with like 34k miles - asking like 16,5XX

Whats the budget you have in mind?

Well... I was thinking $5k-$10k (give or take)

what do you consider low(er) miles? Budget?

autotrader:
06 LX with 117k miles - asking 7,9XX
09's with like 34k miles - asking like 16,5XX

Well 117k miles is HIGH (very high) to me. My Subie is 5 years old with 91k miles now and I am doing about 18k per year (average). 34k miles on an '09 isn't bad but I also don't want to pay $16.5k.. :(

Budget - $5k-10k but maybe a bit more..

are you against going with a 7thgen or do you want to be in an 8th?

02 lx 88k miles = 79XX
05 ex 81k = 8k
02 lx 272k = $38XX

:corndance:

Webby: I'm not against going with a 7th Generation of course price, mileage, condition pending.

7th Gen is Christina's body style right?

she has a 2000 yr civic - last year for the 6th gen.
2001-2005 - 7th
2006-2011 = 8th

7th gen coupe

920658_G.sized.jpg

6th gen coupe below
6277028_1.jpg

6th, 7th or 8th generations I would be fine with. The older the generation typically the higher the miles...

Back