aFe intake question please help!

Tortoise

So its finally about time for me to get an intake. i was between the ART and aFe but i think im going to go with aFe. My only question is i see these intakes use the stock piping down low. I know people delete the resonators in this tubing, with the aFe should i delete my resonator or leave it there? Or does this piece come out with installation? Ive asked all around the "other" forum and people just attack me to search. Thinking about moving mainly over here:) seems like mostly the older boring guys there..

So its finally about time for me to get an intake. i was between the ART and aFe but i think im going to go with aFe. My only question is i see these intakes use the stock piping down low. I know people delete the resonators in this tubing, with the aFe should i delete my resonator or leave it there? Or does this piece come out with installation? Ive asked all around the "other" forum and people just attack me to search. Thinking about moving mainly over here:) seems like mostly the older boring guys there..
The ART does not use the stock tubing. It sucks air from the engine cavity where the OEM filter box would have been sitting. It sucks in warm to hot air trapped in the engine bay.
The AFE uses the stock air ducts. I can't think of a good reason to defeat that design with res deletes, but maybe others have different advice for you.

Strangely, I have seen lightly used AFE and ART intakes for the 2012 Si for sale already. Must be a reason. I have the K&N Typhoon, love it, and have seen no one parting with one used yet. LIke the AFE, it too uses the stock air ducts.

hmmm so k&n or aFe
I think the aFe Takeda looks better, if you want an enclosed box. It's a lot more expensive I think. The K&N filter dosn't require anything for 100k miles, don't know @ the Takeda. If they had been evenly priced, I probably would have gone Takeda, but I have no regrets. The K&N looks great in its own way.

Between the two, it's aesthetics anyway. No appreciable difference in performance. Whichever you choose, you make a good choice. :dance:

think im gonna go greddy which is the same as takeda. Just worried about all this stuff im hearing about the cars adjusting themselves back to stock...

think im gonna go greddy which is the same as takeda. Just worried about all this stuff im hearing about the cars adjusting themselves back to stock...
You mean compensating as though the intake was a virus to get performance back to zero gain? You know the Greddy is rebadged Takeda and more $, right?

Back