after market exhaust

Michael Hogains

I just got a quote on a 3" cat back exhaust $270 magnaflow with a choice on a tip. I think its a good deal considering i paid 330 for my 06 accord with 2 1/4 pipe 5 years ago. Only problem the guy said when he looked under the car was that the 3" pipe might rub against the spring in the back and that its a lil lower in some areas??? Any advice on that?? Has anyone did exhaust yet??

oh, and that price you were quoted seems like a deal and a half

If you go through with it, let me know how it sounds. I've been looking for parts to make my LX a little more street tuned...I just don't want some huge, obnoxious exhaust. They sound cheap, in my opinion. I saw a video on the other Exhaust topic in the forum, a guy had put a TR1 Dolphin exhaust on and i really liked the way his sounded!...

ohh, you must have the Si?.. idk if i'd put a 3" on my lx until i have some serious upgrades in the engine...it'd be kind of un-needed, right?

yeah, you would not want a 3" on the LX. You'd lose power. Michael has the SI

still waiting patiently for a intake tho ill probably wait for that and see how it goes with the stock pipe on the exhaust and if needed ill do the 3in if not probably do the axle back but it seems to be just a small difference in price to just get the axle back id rather pay a lil more to get the whole cat back done

So what diameter exhaust would work best with an LX? Also, what brands are known for "classy" sounding exhausts? I hate the ricers who sound like F-350's as they go down the street. I want it to be unnoticable while idling, but I'd like a race-like pitch when I start climbing my rpm gauge...does that make sense?

at 3:55 - stock exhaust / injen intake
at 4:12 - SI axelback exhaust / injen intake
at 4:25 - SI axelback exhaust / custom intake
at 4:42 - Honda HFP axelback exhaust /
at 4:55 - custom 2.5" exhaust - hfp muffler w/resonator delete / K&N short ram intake
at 5:11 - magnaflow hushpower / injen intake

forward the video to those times -

View: http://youtu.be/WRicfVsuSBI

those are the r18 engine that is found on the 9th, so the sound will be the same. Those are just some examples of possibilities. There are other meet vids from the dragon where users do this same thing. You can look at other years and see if anything sounds good to you... and go from there

Since my car was the one at 5:11 I will say the car was a lot louder in person and I ended up changing everything with a custom 2 .25 inch cat back with that as the resonator and a SI muffler and it's quiet at idle but screams above 4.5K

You may be of help if you've heard more r18 exhausts. Like what works/sounds nice. I've only heard a few modified exhausts on r18s in person. The SI muffler in the vid doesn't sound bad

Well you did hear my exhaust that year at the dragon... I will try and get some video of my new exhaust soon

Yes,I've heard yours. I recall it being louder than what the video portrays. I've just not heard many others to say what works well diameter wise, and sounds good in person.

even watching the video in complete seriousness, i still chuckled when i heard the engine when the car is coming at you, and then heard the exhaust note as it passed the camera and sped away. It left me with a Jekyll-Hyde type feel, like these cars are all really evil in a crazy sort of way (I really wanna go drive my civic now..). sorry that was totally unrelated. anyway, can any of the exhausts on the video be customized to fit the '12, or would the custom-fit alter the sound??

thanks for the video, btw, webby. i love how everybody is willing to help here:) Thanks Guys!!!

Back