Aloha from Maui, Hawaii!

Like the car man. I actually put those very same wheels on my car (well, not exactly...it was the next version with the gunmetal instead of silver). How many inches was that drop?
9perH.jpg

Webby already said it, but it's the 8th gen sportlines that I took off my previous civic (07 sedan) before I sold it. Up front the drop is about 2" and back is like 1.5-1.75" or so. I actually had the rims you have on my last car, but sold the car with the wheels.

Your car looks good btw. I might have to find another set of those wheels. Haha

Like the car man. I actually put those very same wheels on my car (well, not exactly...it was the next version with the gunmetal instead of silver). How many inches was that drop?
9perH.jpg

I just realized my last pics in this thread showed my car still on hubcaps. Haha. I actually had EP3 Si wheels on my car. Mods are on hold right now cuz our cars are in NC and I have yet to move up from Maui.

Anyway, here's how it last sat before it shipped to NC:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343029371.770483.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343029388.030578.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343029407.680427.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343029425.263178.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343029454.966270.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343029490.332602.jpg

I dunno what it is, but something about those wheels looks REALLY good!

How do the 8th gen sportlines ride compared to stock?

they ride pretty good. on small bumps, feels very close to stock. on larger bumps and impacts you can tell that the car is lower, stiffer, and has less suspension travel, but I wouldn't call it harsh. the ride is great considering how much better it feels taking turns. I like the sportlines better on the 9th gen and i did on my 8th gen. they seem like a better match with the 9th gen dampers. it was bouncy on my 07 civic, so I swapped to Si dampers, but with this car, I think I can get away with the stock dampers for now. Eventually I wanna upgrade to the Koni inserts, but that'll be farther down the road...

Man those pictures are sick. Love the drop on your car and makes me want to do it soo bad. I gotta start saving up some money i guess. I can't compete with your camera setup bro. Looks like absolute paradise.

I'm surprised that axleback cleared the bumper, I was thinking I'd have to go find a 12' si rear bumper to make it work. Is it mostly for sound or did you feel an increase in performance?

Man those pictures are sick. Love the drop on your car and makes me want to do it soo bad. I gotta start saving up some money i guess. I can't compete with your camera setup bro. Looks like absolute paradise.

I'm surprised that axleback cleared the bumper, I was thinking I'd have to go find a 12' si rear bumper to make it work. Is it mostly for sound or did you feel an increase in performance?

I say definitely drop it. The new sportlines should be shipping anytime now.

Feels like the motor revs a little quicker, but with the Si axle-back and the k&n filter, it's really not any quicker than stock. I did it mostly for looks and sound. It's def more noticeable than the stock exhaust, but not loud or obnoxious.

Webby already said it, but it's the 8th gen sportlines that I took off my previous civic (07 sedan) before I sold it. Up front the drop is about 2" and back is like 1.5-1.75" or so. I actually had the rims you have on my last car, but sold the car with the wheels.

Your car looks good btw. I might have to find another set of those wheels. Haha

Im confused here i read the thread but im stil lost, I guess cause im a newbie here. But is this the drop i will get if i put the sportlines
on my 2012 civic sedan lx? 2" front and 1.5-1.75 rear? it doesnt look that low to me. but it does look nice.

I took so many pics and videos... videos were mainly on the road to hana, etc
You should post some of those! How'd you like the road to Hana? Did you go on any hikes at Oheo gulch? Swim under some waterfalls? And go around the backside of Haleakala? Haha

We went further than the road to Hana and all the way around Haleakala I guess :rotfl: They had road construction somewhere out there too...took forever to get past.
It was pretty but I didn't feel well during the ride. This was all to kill time before our flight that night. He did see the sunrise at the top of Haleakala also. I hung out with like 13 sea turtles right outside our room, etc. No hikes or swimming

We went further than the road to Hana and all the way around Haleakala I guess :rotfl: They had road construction somewhere out there too...took forever to get past.
It was pretty but I didn't feel well during the ride. This was all to kill time before our flight that night. He did see the sunrise at the top of Haleakala also. I hung out with like 13 sea turtles right outside our room, etc. No hikes or swimming
whaaaaaat? some of the coolest parts of the island you have to hike to. like this 400 foot waterfall that you can get under and shower.

20080324-_MG_3489.jpg20080324-_MG_3543.jpg

and I love Haleakala. sunset was getting crowded so i haven't gone in a while. but i used to make the drive up there a lot since i lived on the mountain anyway.

20090816-20090816-_MG_9759-1-Edit.jpg20090816-20090816-_MG_9782.jpg20090816-20090816-_MG_9760.jpg20090816-20090816-_MG_9732.jpg20090816-20090816-_MG_9758.jpg20090816-20090816-_MG_9750.jpg20090816-20090816-_MG_9757.jpg20090816-20090816-_MG_9800.jpg

this was the view from our house
20100421-_MG_3563.jpg

Absolutely gorgeous!
We didn't o any of the hiking...so many "No trespassing" signs everywhere

Robert wanted to find the blowhole but we couldn't find it any ended going all the way around :rotfl:

I'll have to go through some of my pics

Absolutely gorgeous!
We didn't o any of the hiking...so many "No trespassing" signs everywhere

Robert wanted to find the blowhole but we couldn't find it any ended going all the way around :rotfl:

I'll have to go through some of my pics
yeah there are a ton of places that were just openly accessible when i was growing up. but some people just aren't respectful enough to leave the place as they found it, so some property owners and the state have been forced to put up signs and fences. we usually just walk around or climb over 'em tho. haha :D

Back