Aloha from Maui, Hawaii!

Soooooooooo jealous!
I remember going to Dan's Greenhouse ( http://www.dansgreenhouse.com/ )
They let me hold Prince, their Palm Cockatoo. (below)

gray1.jpg

I got to pet a potbelly piglet too.
One day I'm going to order a bonsai & some micro-lobsters from them.

OHHHH almost forgot. They had a Hahns Macaw there. It would sit in its cage and yell "What'sUpWhat'sUpWhat'sUp" at us :rotfl:

Soooooooooo jealous!
I remember going to Dan's Greenhouse ( http://www.dansgreenhouse.com/ )
They let me hold Prince, their Palm Cockatoo. (below)

gray1.jpg

I got to pet a potbelly piglet too.
One day I'm going to order a bonsai & some micro-lobsters from them.

OHHHH almost forgot. They had a Hahns Macaw there. It would sit in its cage and yell "What'sUpWhat'sUpWhat'sUp" at us :rotfl:
We just walked right past that place. I remember then being around on the same corner ever since I was little.

It must be hard to breath there.

I remember flying in and the 767 making a real sharp turn then landing quickly after,scared the crap out of me! Then seeing it during the daytime made me really s@@t my pants! Man I want to go back there!

Is that the beach by paia?

it's a beach off a private oceanfront estate in sprecklesville, near the airport.

I remember flying in and the 767 making a real sharp turn then landing quickly after,scared the crap out of me! Then seeing it during the daytime made me really s@@t my pants! Man I want to go back there!

that's the standard approach for flights arriving from the mainland US in typical tradewind weather. depending on air traffic, the turn can be very close to final approach, or farther out, past the island and back over water. very gusty trades from the NE are typical in the afternoon/evening, so landings are usually pretty bumpy.

i love Maui and i miss living here, but it feels like the Maui that I miss isn't the Maui that exists today. it's simply not the same place I knew growing up. i used to think those that called for a moratorium on development were crazy, but now i wish they had kept the island as it was in the 80's and 90's before all the large-scale development started. the more things change, the more we wish they stayed the same sorta thing. back then, it was a much nicer place when it still had that small town feel, where everyone knew everyone else and no one had to lock their doors at night. it was also less crowded, and felt more wild and unspoiled. but i guess change is inevitable, especially when it comes in the name of progress.

Back