ALS #IceBucketChallenge

MrsJrotax101

Administrator
Admin
Who has done it? Did you donate also?
Know someone who has/had ALS?

Share your videos here!

If you're okay with it, I might make a compilation video of our members and post it on our fb page. If your car is in the background, even cooler!

Just donating. Don't need to prove anything by pouring an ice chest over my head.

For a period, it was on the list of possible diseases my dad could have. But ALS isn't on the list anymore.

• Staff
I donated also. I wasn't nominated. A girl I went to school with lost her Dad to it 2 yrs ago.

My fiancé's uncle dies from ALS 7 years ago.

We have both donated. She has completed her challenge and I will be doing mine tomorrow.

Video not working :/

If you view it from the website the video appears to work. If you view it via Tapatalk the video does not load =/. I am using google chrome if that helps any.

I did it! When I used to work at cvs a couple years back we had an awareness month to raise money for ALS and some people donated but not many usually a lot of people would just ask what is that? So I believe the Ice bucket challenge is raising the awareness on this terrible disease and maybe next time they are asked to donate money they actually will. Anyways I have donated and have done the challenge.

FYI, only 27% of the 55mil+ that has been fundraised so far has gone to donation...makes you wonder where the 73% went...seeing all the vids/pictures shows how ignorant sheeple are...the baptism of sheep is what i like to call it!!

FYI, only 27% of the 55mil+ that has been fundraised so far has gone to donation...makes you wonder where the 73% went...seeing all the vids/pictures shows how ignorant sheeple are...the baptism of sheep is what i like to call it!!

That 27% is only the portion that goes toward Research according to their 2014 Financial Statements.

Additional breakdown of expenses:
  • 32% goes towards Public and Professional Education
  • 19% goes towards Patient and Community Services
  • 14% is spent on fundraising (takes money to make money)
  • 7% goes towards Administration

I do not see anything out of the ordinary given their Mission.

Mission Priorities
  1. Raise the level of awareness of The ALS Association as the leading voice and most trusted source of information about Lou Gehrig’s Disease.
  2. Lead, direct and/or collaborate on global research to understand the disease, develop treatments and ultimately find a cure.
  3. Provide every person with ALS and their families access to high quality, consistent and compassionate support services.
  4. Advance a nationwide advocacy program that increases funding for ALS research, improves patient services and empowers the entire ALS community.
  5. Function as one organization with unity of purpose.
  6. Operate within a business model designed to ensure stability and promote financial strength.

21% spending on Fundraising and Administration is quite good actually.

Any NFP that is able to spend 75%+ on its stated Mission/Programs/Charitable Purpose (read: not administration and fundraising) is actually highly efficient.

This challenge was designed specifically to raise awareness...which is one of their Mission Priorities.

Before being a sheeple yourself and just being a mouthpiece for those ignorant of how NFPs operate, please do your own research first.

That 27% is only the portion that goes toward Research according to their 2014 Financial Statements.

Additional breakdown of expenses:
  • 32% goes towards Public and Professional Education
  • 19% goes towards Patient and Community Services
  • 14% is spent on fundraising (takes money to make money)
  • 7% goes towards Administration

I do not see anything out of the ordinary given their Mission.

Mission Priorities
  1. Raise the level of awareness of The ALS Association as the leading voice and most trusted source of information about Lou Gehrig’s Disease.
  2. Lead, direct and/or collaborate on global research to understand the disease, develop treatments and ultimately find a cure.
  3. Provide every person with ALS and their families access to high quality, consistent and compassionate support services.
  4. Advance a nationwide advocacy program that increases funding for ALS research, improves patient services and empowers the entire ALS community.
  5. Function as one organization with unity of purpose.
  6. Operate within a business model designed to ensure stability and promote financial strength.

21% spending on Fundraising and Administration is quite good actually.

Any NFP that is able to spend 75%+ on its stated Mission/Programs/Charitable Purpose (read: not administration and fundraising) is actually highly efficient.

This challenge was designed specifically to raise awareness...which is one of their Mission Priorities.

Before being a sheeple yourself and just being a mouthpiece for those ignorant of how NFPs operate, please do your own research first.

Went to the website and saw the numbers and "objective evidence." Still #Bogus .

Back