Am I crazy....

dirtybird222

'
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
So I traded my 2013 4-dr 9th Gen Si about six months ago for a 2015 STI. Love the STI for it's performance, handling, sound, etc but everyday I find myself missing the Civic! Interior is better on the Si, engine noises put a bigger smile on my face, insurance was less, better gas mileage, and don't have to do this stupid warm up procedure like you do on the boxers. I would almost go trade this STI in for a 2015 Si if it weren't for these damn EarthDream Turbos coming out soon and hoping the next Si gets the 270+hp variant.

Cross your fingers they drop some hints or info at the geneva auto show for the type r. It's only a few days away. What are you referring to when you say... "stupid warm up procedure" on the sti?

I am crossing my fingers. The residual value on Subarus is amazing though, so I should do well on trade in a year or so. I was just bitching about how it's exaggerated that its highly recommended to let the car warm up for an extended period of time.

I've owned a few different cars after my 2009 FA5, DSM's, '11 WRX, and now '12 Evo X, and still miss that damn Si. Winding out each gear was the best. Here's the kicker too, these K24's can make upwards of 400whp on boost for less than us "Rally" owners can. They really don't have to worry about their engines either. You're spot on about the residual value too. I practically broke even when selling my Rex after a year of ownership.

^He's right. You can make an Si beat an Evo X with just a supercharger

"stupid warm up procedure"

I'm going to assume he is taking about letting the oil get up to operating temperature so that it properly lubricates the turbo to prevent damage. A lot of people will start pushing their cars hard right after starting them and the oil is still to thick to lubricate and protect the engine so damage is caused over time.

Its actually a good idea to let the car warm up before any sort of performance driving regardless of aspiration.

I know you can build up the K24s and don't know why I traded the Si in. The new WRX/STI sold me in the looks department and holy **** does it handle well, I've made a few of my friends buttholes pucker with the cornering capabilities on the car. I like to autox/track day my cars and the Si did a great job at that and you don't have to wrry about the engines like you do with some other manf. I've been the piss out of every Honda I've owned including 16+psi on a stock D15 for mult track days with no issues. I'll rock the STI for a bit longer to see how the new Si powerplant plays out and see if it's worthy or not. If not the 9th gens will be on model year end close out STI will retain its value and hopefully I can get a deal.

Reactions: Nix
I tore threw some back roads in my Rex once. Going sideways is pretty sketchy. "Rally" sketchy.

No point in owning a car that you can't enjoy. Just like when I see STI/Evo owners garage their cars in the winter, it infuriates me.

No point in owning a car that you can't enjoy. Just like when I see STI/Evo owners garage their cars in the winter, it infuriates me.

I enjoy driving my car for work. Its gets me from Point A to Point B. It also does well at the Dragon :) (which is the only time I am hard on my car)

I also hate people that garage their vehicles in winter (regardless of evo/STi)

Back