Amazon completed it's first automated drone delivery

Amazon Prime Air.... you never need to leave your house again.

Actually though this is pretty cool. Not gonna lie if this was available in my area and they could deliver commonly expendable car parts like oil and filters then I'd be game to try it.

So looks like you need to have a landing pad x feet away from house/trees.

What kind of upkeep does it need and do you have to pay to get it. Do you have to remove snow and leaves off it? If the item is delivered on a rainy day and your not home, what then? lol

• Staff
I recall in another vid that they can send you the landing thing, or you can print it on normal printer paper. Since it comes in 30 min or less, I'd imagine you'd know the weather situation and you'd be home? I wouldn't use the service if I couldn't be home at the time of delivery, or you'd just have a package sitting in your yard that anyone could pick up.

• Staff
What kind of weather will you operate in during the trial?
We are currently permitted to operate during daylight hours when there are low winds and good visibility, but not in rain, snow or icy conditions. Once we’ve gathered data to improve the safety and reliability of our systems and operations, we will expand the envelope.

I agree. If they offered like car parts, lost bolts, filters hoses, extra odds and in that would be cool. I've done the 1 hour round trip walk to the parts store a couple times because I didn't prepare or lost something random.

I agree. If they offered like car parts, lost bolts, filters hoses, extra odds and in that would be cool. I've done the 1 hour round trip walk to the parts store a couple times because I didn't prepare or lost something random.

I've ridden my mountain bike to the car parts store and home depot before when stuck on not having something I need and the car not being drivable.

Back