Amp/Subwoofer question...

If your running too much power with two amps 4 guage may not be enough,I found that out and got a yellow top battery too,what amps are you going to run?

My bad...after seeing your amps...you will be fine with a quality 4 guage set-up.make sure it's awg 4 guage and it should be heavy...as far as the lcq-1 goes, make sure you ground it well and get the signal wife correctly done,the delay may cause a loud pop when engaging on.it is a must IMO with a stock set-up and well worth the cash,but deal with a installer that knows what they are doing,otherwise you will be miserable...personally I would not run the bass through the lcq-1.

thanks, boshur! i'm looking at lc6i and lc7i as well. i got a week to make up my mind on this, but nevertheless, thank you for that tidbit about correctly grounding it, and not run the bass through the lcq-1. so basically the lcq-1 just controls the cabin speakers?

Yea,it really dials them in.the bass is better controlled with the imid,that way it's adjustable on the fly.jut pick up the signal from the sub.im selling my Polk pa660, 2 pair of Dxi 651 speakers and 2 type s 10 inch alpine subs and Polk db tweeters for $400 if you know anyone interested,perfect fitment for a 9 th civic

will do, bobshur! what about your lcq-1, are you selling it as well? just out of curiosity...

whew! finally getting it done next week. decided to go to an installer hour and a half away. been going back and forth to get the best deal. so with that said, old grocery list has been changed. here's the final list:
RF P3 1x10
Alpine MRV-M500 mono amp

RF P165-s comp. speakers
RF P165 two-way speakers
Alpine MRV-F300 4 channel amp

Audio Control DQ-61 processor

monster cable amp kit
Wirez interconnect
dynamat

@bobshur: i was planning on using the LCQ-1, but it seems like the DQ-61 seems to be a better choice. called Audio Control and they told me basically the DQ-61 is pretty much an upgrade version of the LCQ-1. for $60 more, i figure i'll give it a try (LCQ and knob was $340. the DQ is $400.00)

Sounds good, I have not heard much about it, but they are always improving their products, so I'm sure it's nice

Back