AMSoil Synthetic trans fluid

duerrs

I changed to amsoil gm syncromesh transmission fluid in my 2008 si. it improved shifting 1000%. I used to get notchy shifting when cold with the honda crap in there, ever since changing, the car shifts like butter. Anyone using this in the 2012 yet?

I haven't seen anything from users switching it yet. Most have said the new transmission is improved over the previous gen, but with colder weather approaching... it'll be interesting to see if anyone complains.

Mine is definitely notchy when the temp dips low, and the cars been outside at work for a while. I will be switching to all AMSoil in the spring when my first oil change comes up, ill replace the tranny fluid then too.

do you experience that feeling in every gear till it warms up?

I would say definitely first and second. smoothes out in third and forth.

Moreso feels very very sluggish.

sluggish in the sense it's hard to get into the gear, or what do you mean?

like it feels like the tranny fluid is thicker. almost like trying to mix cake batter, sometimes.

I love the amsoil I put in my 8th gen.... The non-si's even suffer from trans problems and it fixed the problem...

I agree with Spicy. When I bought my FB6 in mid September it was still in the 80's here and the transmission felt smooth. Now it is finally starting to get cold here, and when the temps are in the 20's if does feel very notchy. When shifting from First to Second it feels like it is tough to get into gear, and from Second to Third there is still some resistance. Once the car warms up though it goes back to being extremely smooth.

I am interested in the Amsoil though. I am new to car maintenance/modification, anyone have a DIY video on changing transmission oil. Anyone else have experience with the Amsoil?

Honda manuals just chew through MTF fast, Amsoil included.

The trans oil (on the 8thgen,assuming 9th is similar) is easy enough to do just as frequently as a motor oil change. Just as cheap too since it's only a couple of quarts.

I ran Amsoil Syncromesh in my 7th and 8th Gens...Will be flushing the 9th and switching as soon it starts to feel sloppy (no point in fixing something that isn't broken...lol). Right now I am convinced this has to be the best 6 speed Honda has ever put in a Civic sized vehicle (RSX, Integra, or Civic) it is so precise and clean. I bought a 5 gallon bucket of Amsoil last time I needed to change so I've got plenty, any of ya'll in the Houston area, come on by and we'll all change our 9th's over to Syncromesh! lol

I changed to amsoil gm syncromesh transmission fluid in my 2008 si. it improved shifting 1000%. I used to get notchy shifting when cold with the honda crap in there, ever since changing, the car shifts like butter. Anyone using this in the 2012 yet?
I've used Amsoil for 16 years, both as a basic customer and an industrial dealer with extensive training at Amsoil headquarters in Superior, WI. There is no doubt: Overall, Amsoil offers outstanding lubricants. But there are major caveats... and I will share those in a special AMSOIL thread, where we can also discuss the basics of oil analysis.

I've used Amsoil for 16 years, both as a basic customer and an industrial dealer with extensive training at Amsoil headquarters in Superior, WI. There is no doubt: Overall, Amsoil offers outstanding lubricants. But there are major caveats... and I will share those in a special AMSOIL thread, where we can also discuss the basics of oil analysis.

Where is this mythic thread?

Where is this mythic thread?
Good question! My plan is to kick off the discussion using oil analysis from my 2012 SI (yet to be done) while inviting others -- over the course of time -- to do their own analysis and compare results. But there are some preliminary issues to discuss first... so I'll start something this week or post a survey.
Thanks for your interest.

Back