AMSoil Synthetic trans fluid

It's easier to do if you don't have the stock intake installed. Lol.

Yeah, I forgot you had an 8thgen. Lol.

I switched to the Redline and its still better than stock and slightly better than amsoil

Almost anything is better than the OEM crap...

I was getting 5-6k miles on the OEM crap and between 15-30 on the non-OEM depending on how hard I drive

Last edited:
mikey6p had issues with Amsoil Synchromesh. And my car currently has that. Lol.

I've used Amsoil for 16 years, both as a basic customer and an industrial dealer with extensive training at Amsoil headquarters in Superior, WI. There is no doubt: Overall, Amsoil offers outstanding lubricants. But there are major caveats... and I will share those in a special AMSOIL thread, where we can also discuss the basics of oil analysis.

Seeing as how this thread has been revived, I feel the need to ask again about this mythic post you allude to.

well with the bad reviews of the amsoil, i guess ill be replacing my mtf fluid with redline instead. i will still be posting a DIY regardless.

mikey6p had issues with Amsoil Synchromesh. And my car currently has that. Lol.
Amsoil is great if you enjoy replacing transmission bearings.

IMG_1396.jpg

Last edited:
I might go back to Honda MTF. :ohnoes:

how many miles when the bearings went out?
~50k, didn't worry or diagnose until it got louder at ~70k.

The person rebuilding it said I must never shift hard or race based on the synchro wear and final drive bolts being in good shape, but all bearings inside were toast. The only thing I could attribute that do is amsoil mtf for two fills, being used from ~15k miles until about ~60k miles, changed over at ~40k miles.

I am now a firm believer in the OEM fluid. Fresh fluid, to me, feels good regardless of manufacturer.

Last edited:
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/transmission/22170-diy-changing-manual-transmission-fluid.html
From 8th, but I'd look at your manual to see the quantity of fluid needed on the 9th. It will say the capacity. There were some changes to the transmission since the previous gen, so it may need a little more mtf.
Those syringes blow.
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/transmission/301253-diy-manual-transmission-fluid-change.html

Maybe Arm0ged0n will let me do a DIY using his car.

Last edited:
i will be switching to amsoil synchromesh 5w30 manual transmission fluid next week. i will most likely write up a review and also a DIY.
i will be switching to amsoil synchromesh 5w30 manual transmission fluid next week. i will most likely write up a review and also a DIY.
Word to the wise -- make sure to hold the lower portion of the delivery tube securely as you put in the fluid. There's not much depth in that area where the bolt has been removed, i.e., it's easy for the tube to fall out if it's not held in place.
Otherwise, you'll be surprised how easy it is... enjoy saving the $$$$!

Back