Anti-Japan protests in China cause Honda, Mazda, Nissan to suspend production

People need jobs (not only here), it doesn't seem like a good idea for them to burn up their plants when it puts their own ppl out of work, and why would the ppl give a crap about the island(except the fishermen). It seems more like a government push to cause this, like placing ppl in a crowd to creat a riot, like back here in the past union days.
What I'd also hate to see is that type of action on a local bases from some idiots here that think they're doing it for America, even when a lot of these products are made in America.
It's the industrial giants creating this crap, to keep the blind workers fighting each other, instead of focusing on them. Like the Irish Prods vs Catholics, it keeps them on each other instead of excepting the low pay and working conditions ................. "When will we ever learn"...........

Don't get me wrong. I love my Honda. But things like this bring the idea back into my head that we need to immediately get self sufficient and then tell the rest of the world to f+ck off. It makes me mad that this stuff between china and japan could affect us.

True. I'm basically thinking it would be nice if we could let them do whatever and go on our happy ways. But this will affect things here. Imported goods prices and let's not forget Ford owns Mazda. Being self sufficient would mean we wouldn't even have to care what other countries are doing.

Being "self sufficient" usually leads to demise. You simply cannot compete with all world. Soon the country will start having troubles getting along with the new technologies and after that there would be only a way down. An examples? Cuba, North Korea, some African states, Venezuela, ...

...or the most known case - China. China started its ways up when it opened for other investors and started buying technology from outsourcing.

Not to sound over the top here, but apparently the Japanese are forgetting the last time they provoked another country - what happened to them. :hiding:

Japanese airlines have now stopped flights to China

They don't need their aircraft torched,
There's more for thought, when these two or competing on car sales, one way to get the upper hand is to get something like this started.
Like the Utube thing in the Eastern/Africa block, that movie was made a year ago, why did they wait till now to riot over it!!!!

also Chinese airlines have now stopped flights to Japan. China nobody travel to japan now. japanese cars markets sales volume dropped. But the US,Korean and Eurpe Cars markets sale volume going up.

How those Cars company Anti-japen protested China.. come on man..they are just making business. (sale cars) (If you want buy, I will sale) but nobody want to buy japanese cars in China. So those japanese company need to stopped production-line in China. We don't talk about china and japan. so they are history we don't know.
We talk about the cars man..

I feel bad for the people in China whose Japanese cars were destroyed by angry protesters. They did nothing to deserve that. :sadface:
And I don't know how they deal with it insurance wise, if they even have insurance.

My company sent me to China almost 2years. I'm working in China ZhuHai City right now..ZhuHai is special economics City in Chna. I love Honda's car. So I drove Honda fit in ZhuHai City everywhere. Can't see the people whose Japanese cars were destroyed by angry protesters. I feel ZhuHai City so peace. So i feel not all the place like that. Maybe only a partial.

(And I don't know how they deal with it insurance wise, if they even have insurance.)
oh yeah good points talk about cars insurance in China. China insurance good than north america. Ok I will tell about cars insurance in China next time...88 need to work.

My company sent me to China almost 2years. I'm working in China ZhuHai City right now..ZhuHai is special economics City in Chna. I love Honda's car. So I drove Honda fit in ZhuHai City everywhere. Can't see the people whose Japanese cars were destroyed by angry protesters. I feel ZhuHai City so peace. So i feel not all the place like that. Maybe only a partial.

(And I don't know how they deal with it insurance wise, if they even have insurance.)
oh yeah good points talk about cars insurance in China. China insurance good than north america. Ok I will tell about cars insurance in China next time...88 need to work.
Cool... Can't wait to hear more from your point of view......... Having spent 6 years out of the USA I know there's usually more to something than what we hear from with-in.......

Japanese Auto Companies Cutting Production In China

Automotive News reports Japanese manufacturers are set to cut production in China by half. Toyota, Nissanand Honda have seen sales fall off by steep margins in the People's Republic after a territorial dispute between Japan and China resulted in anti-Japanese protests. Sales of Japanese goods have declined amid calls for boycotts all over China. As a result, Nissan is currently planning to halt the night shift at its two Chinese facilities. Toyota and Honda, meanwhile, will reduce production by cutting back work hours and slowing production lines. The news comes courtesy of a report in the Nikkei newspaper, but has not been confirmed by the manufacturers themselves.

There's no indication as to how long the cut in production will last.

As Automotive News points out, Japanese manufacturers were already scaling back production to meet demand before the protests broke out. The Chinese economy is currently in its slowest period of growth in the past three years. Even so, the shift away from Japanese vehicles has seen Hyundai sales jump by 15 percent last month. Likewise, Audi saw it's numbers swell by 20 percent, and BMW enjoyed a boost of 55 percent.

Back