Any gains FROM PRL SRI STOCK MANIFOLD ?

Abbz8377

Boston
Vehicle Model
CIVIC
Body Style
SI
Just curious if anyone has used the PRL SRI stock manifold and if there was any gains from it

Just curious if anyone has used the PRL SRI stock manifold and if there was any gains from it
:confuzzled:

Do you mean with the stock intake manifold?

If so, according to VIT, the only intake to outperform stock is a PRL 3.5" CAI.

Ya i trying to decide if i wanna just buy the PRL CAI for for stock Manifold or save a few bucks and buy the PRL SRI for stock manifold

Ya i trying to decide if i wanna just buy the PRL CAI for for stock Manifold or save a few bucks and buy the PRL SRI for stock manifold

Save up and get CAI. Be warned though...you will need a tune with either one. I assume you have no plans for forced induction in the future?

Ya i been tuning with VIT the guy puts you through the paces lol i have gone through about 7 intakes since i bought the car so i figured might as well just get it done right and invest in a PRL

Sorry didn't see your response so i guess the SRI is a no go.

Dang that sucks. When vit said PRL I didnt think it mattered which one. I got the full-race DP and this intake along with the vit fp package. I guess Ill just use it and see if I get any response at all from it

I just talked to the guys at PRL and they said it will produce gains for whatever it's worth....

I just talked to the guys at PRL and they said it will produce gains for whatever it's worth....
Of course they are going to say that. However, Vit has the realworld testing showing otherwise.

And that's why I said for "whatever It's worth" and I wouldn't make the purchase until I see actual results anyway.

Of course they are going to say that. However, Vit has the realworld testing showing otherwise.

When Vit says the PRL is the only one, does he mean the full intake only? Because I just bought the PRL sri and I told him before I ordered, and he didnt tell me not to get it.

I just asked him about it and he said " I haven't used it" so with that said no one has any real results on it.

I am just as interested in this as you i have been tossing around the idea of buying it for a few days now But if its gonna do no more for than the INJEN I have on there no point in wasting the money.

I am just as interested in this as you i have been tossing around the idea of buying it for a few days now But if its gonna do no more for than the INJEN I have on there no point in wasting the money.

Well he is tuning my car on it next week along with a full exhaust. You want me to let you know how it all turns out hp wise?

Honestly I might just buy it the reality is It's either gonna perform the same or better than what i have on there. Right now i am running an INJEN that i can't stand and i really don't feel like Dropping $400 on a PRL CAI and then another $75 to have VIT do a retune why does this $HIT always gotta be so damn challenging....

Honestly I might just buy it the reality is It's either gonna perform the same or better than what i have on there. Right now i am running an INJEN that i can't stand and i really don't feel like Dropping $400 on a PRL CAI and then another $75 to have VIT do a retune why does this $HIT always gotta be so damn challenging....
Vit doesn't charge to do a retune when it is just an intake swap.

I have literally gone through a dozen intakes in the past 8 months so maybe i should use my better judgement this time around and wait to see some results on the SRI.

In case anyone is interested the PRL SRI is very similar to the CAI in terms of needing flashpro to run it.

Back