Any gains FROM PRL SRI STOCK MANIFOLD ?

Just throw in a dry flow filter and call it a day. Also, I'd leave the snorkel in for max powa

Vit posted Dyno numbers showing that only PRL CAI is the only intake to show gains over the stock box.

i would love to see rick spe'd dyno sheet and PRL CAI side by side.. and hard to believe when people claim the PRL SRI makes more power then the CAI...or then why doesn't he tell all of his cust. not to buy any aftermarket CAI or SRI.?!...nothing against the guy because i have never done anything with him or had anyone of my friends tuned cars with the guy but anybody can claim $hit thru the internet...just sayin... by the way i dont even have rick spec'd on my car just tired of people claiming this guy knows it all...gets boring....maybe thats why honda drivers get the reputation of fan boys and $hit...anyways...dyno ssheets side by side plzzz thankss...

i would love to see rick spe'd dyno sheet and PRL CAI side by side.. and hard to believe when people claim the PRL SRI makes more power then the CAI...or then why doesn't he tell all of his cust. not to buy any aftermarket CAI or SRI.?!...nothing against the guy because i have never done anything with him or had anyone of my friends tuned cars with the guy but anybody can claim $hit thru the internet...just sayin... by the way i dont even have rick spec'd on my car just tired of people claiming this guy knows it all
Vit has tuned 100s, if not 1000+, 8th and 9th gen civics...

Also, since the Rick Spec'd is of a similar design to the PRL CAI, it will probably perform similar. I have thrown this caveat in in other responses.

Last edited:
...nothing against the guy because i have never done anything with him or had anyone of my friends tuned cars with the guy but anybody can claim $hit thru the internet...just sayin... by the way i dont even have rick spec'd on my car just tired of people claiming this guy knows it all...gets boring....
@VitViper doesn't sleep, he regains energy from tuning.

But from what I read, you have contradicted your own statement.

Taken from his blog :

Stock intake vs PRL SRI

Back to the laptop I went and more tuning commenced. I was pleasantly surprised by the solid low end gains from 1700 rpm til 2500 rpm — as much as 12 ft lbs of torque to the wheels will definitely be something you can feel during normal stop and go driving. Slight loss from 2750 rpm to 3000 rpm though — nothing major. And no real gains until after ~ 5700 rpm, with a maximum of 4.5whp was had from 6750 rpm til 7000 rpm. Not a bad gain for a simple mod — I’ve seen much worse performance from some intakes on this platform (worse than stock intake at times).

My car on dyno last week. Only Mods are PRL SRI and Q300

2014 civic si in the dyno with short ram intake and invidia q300 exhaust. Baseline was 172 whp / 161 tq, tuned with hondata flashpro produced 196 whp / 170 tq. Big midrange gains and top end gains!
11053236_10152634205931073_556480561681663824_n.jpg

Isn't there a PRL short rsm intake that is called a hybrid? It's sits right behind the headlight after battery relocation??

Isn't there a PRL short rsm intake that is called a hybrid? It's sits right behind the headlight after battery relocation??

The filter actually sits damn dear against the firewall.

Here it is in @323's car.

54ivti.jpg

There's one I saw that was different. It was on a stock intake and the filter sat where the battery normally does.

i wonder what i will make with a D.P and PRL SRI, ZDX throttle body and tsudo exhaust and tune...maybe over 200 hp?

i wonder what i will make with a D.P and PRL SRI, ZDX throttle body and tsudo exhaust and tune...maybe over 200 hp?

Full bolt-ons with a 3" DP/Exhaust and 3.5" intake will hit around hit 220whp. The ZDX doesn't too much...a few hp just before redline.

Back