Anybody Interested in a Custom Matching Dead Pedal for the '12 Si?

squiggy

Cartographer
VIP Member
Michiana
Vehicle Model
Toyota MR2 Spyder
Body Style
Convertible
Update: OK everyone. Bad news. I went ahead and talked to the machine shop about this due to my impatience (not to mention the holiday weekend coming up). Their machinist said this would either need to be done via a stamp or a punch press. Neither of which their shop does. However, if you read further on into the thread, webby says Strut King should have some available in about 8 weeks!!!

I just found out that I work with someone who owns a small machine shop that specializes in custom ordered products (mainly racecar parts). If I get enough interest, I will approach her and ask for a quote.

Please post if you are curious or are definitely interested .

At this point, based on feedback, the target price is not more than $50 (not including shipping).

Officially Interested List
1. squiggy
2. Flippercon
3. Phillip Lambrecht
4. FAPPY
5. Koyakpr
6. FB2Chris
7. 323
8. trustdestruction
9. MrK24
10. 9thgizzyguy
11. FooBird
12. Brooksie365
13. TheSlowAndTheSerious

Official Curious List

1. hotshot

Disclaimer: This would ONLY fit the 2012 as there was a change that molded the dead pedal into the floor liner starting with the 2013!!!!

Last edited:
Officialy interested. I would pay around the $40-$50 range depends on the materials used. Waiting to see the test fit on your car.

Last edited:
Interested, up to $50 as well, that seems resonable

Last edited:
squiggy are you going to approach her once you get 10?

That is the plan, but I may wait a week to see how much interest we can actually get in order to potentially drive the price down as far as possible. I will also discuss future runs if there is interest or may purchase some extras for those interested later provided all of this works out.

First thing is first, though. We need as much interest as possible!

Im in too..... between 40-50 bucks i mean its a dead peddle its just for looks so it shouldnt have to be over 40 in my opinion.

Im in too..... between 40-50 bucks i mean its a dead peddle its just for looks so it shouldnt have to be over 40 in my opinion.

I agree, but we are talking about a small production run with custom fabrication...

Last edited:
Back